Cool site.....

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
They break the image into "blobs" of differing sizes. They then send the image back to you for you to print, the images are large 1.5m x 2.5m +.
You print out all the pages, stick then together and you end up with a poster of your image. It works, and it looks cool.
The further you are from the image the clearer it is what it is.
Raster graphics I guess, or something... ask the techies ffs :)

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Usually rastering (ising?) is used to display colours that don't exist in the palette. It's done by placing certain colours next to each other in a pattern so from a distance they combine and look like another colour. :D
When it's black and white it's just a way of displaying content in a small file-size. IIRC it uses your eye's/brains tendancy to 'fill in the blanks'. It's a very basic optical illusion. :D

<Disclaimer> All of the above might (and probably is) a load of crap.</Disclaimer>

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
Mmhhh... interesting site! Nothing that couldn't be done manually in Photoshop, but it takes all the hard work out it for you.

Now I'll need to buy more black ink (after trying it out)

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Thats some great stuff, wonder if I can get a Kylie ( :worthy: ) one to fit my bedroom ceiling?

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
the thought of you and a giant kylie poster disgust and anger me! i will destroy you! </morbo>

Tom

I am a FH squatter
favourites>add to favourites

Thank you very muchly :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom