Cool flash animation about black holes

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
http://www.thinktechnologies.com/portfolio/demos/Blackhole.swf

Interesting. Which of the 3 theories do you subscribe to ?

I'm with the first one. The ship fuses with the singularity. But...

My question is this: given that singularities have infinite mass, and that physics as we know it, breaks down at this point, how can it stay within the physical universe ?

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
The simple answer to that question is physics as we know it is wrong. The fact that it cant exsist yet does exists kinda aswers that for me :p

Theres still alot to learn out there, we either need to change how we think, or get someone else to tell us the correct way.

damn nice flash btw :)

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
i want to see Reinhardt and Maximilian at the other end

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The simple answer to that question is physics as we know it is wrong. The fact that it cant exsist yet does exists kinda aswers that for me :p

Theres still alot to learn out there, we either need to change how we think, or get someone else to tell us the correct way.

damn nice flash btw :)

Not "wrong" - our current understanding of physics explains some things. We've got General Relativity off pretty much ok.

But there are phenomena out there - such as black hole singularities - which current scientific theory cannot explain. For that physics as we know it is lacking. We need a Theory of Quantum Gravity - which - in our current comprehension of scientific understanding - might be able to explain such phenomena. We've got our high school diploma. A theory of quantum gravity scrapes us our BSc.

In all honesty, unless someone advances the quantum gravity theory, we'll never be able to explain more than we can now. Its like a radio. A radio for speaking to God.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Not "wrong" - our current understanding of physics explains some things. We've got General Relativity off pretty much ok.

i see physics slightly different to that, ive studied it for 7 years of my academic life so far, i dont claim to be an expert though :).

you say it explains things, but does it? the way i see it is we create an idea then we also create the reasoning behind that idea, if enough people agree then its classed as fact. we can only prove things within the realms of the ideas we create, if you get me? we only know what we can comprehend, if we cant comprehend it or create an idea of something (then prove things within the boundaries of that idea) we say its impossible.

hopefully someone understands what the fuck im saying :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom