Conwy Castle

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Stayed right by it over the weekend, now that's a real castle and bang in the middle of the town.

Castle gmaps

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aye it is a lovely castle, haven't been for about 10 years but have very fond childhood memories of that place.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Been there too nice castle indeed just the right amount of ruiness

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Didn't know they'd built a second bridge to go alongside the first.

Beaumaris on Anglesey, about 40 minutes away, is cool too. Moat around it is chock full of conger eels :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I went there when I was a kid too, must go again actually, I would if it didnt rain every time I go to Wales :(

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I live 7 miles as the crow flies from Conwy Castle and I see it every day as I go to my dropbox. I still get a kick out of seeing it whenever I drive nearby. Along with Rhuddlan, Beaumaris, Caernarfon and Harlech castles, Conwy is still my favourite.

They may be Edward I's attempt to dominate the Welsh in the late 1200's, but the Welsh have taken them on as a cultural treasure. Owain Glyndwr took Harlech castle for himself around about 1400 during his rebellion. My wife has an ancestor (Sir Roger Kynaston) who was Constable of Harlech castle from 1473-1484.

And it didn't rain today throdgrain. :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
The walls are based on the Theodosian land walls at Constantinople (Istanbul). You didn't want that fact but there you go :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom