Converting an AVI to VCD

T

The Fonz

I've managed to get a copy of a family wedding video in AVI format and I want to be able to play it via my DVD player which can play Video CD's.

I was just wondering if this is possible for someone who doesn't want to spend any money on it and cannot be bothered taking a degree in video conversion methods.

Oh and I hate every other forum section so I'm asking in off topic because you're all so very smart.

T

The Fonz

Okay after some research I've found out Nero can actually make the VCD's.

Anyone have any better ideas?

G

gengi

nope, just use what you have and hope it works :D

A Motto for Life

Later

O

old.LandShark

Our panasonic DVDplayer claims to read VCDs, but it can't read VCD's made from avi/mpeg by Nero. Nor could my comp, although my dad's comp (which did the burning) could.
I dunno, I have no idea :p

S

Spinky

Is it only VCDs made in Nero, or any VCD, because many dvd players require some sort of hack or code to allow them to read those.

My DVD player (Limit 9900se) Required a code to be entered to play all regions, and another to play S/VCD.

WinCD is a good burning program, although it's only shareware.

Also, check out Digital Digest for a comprehensive listing of cd burners/converters/encoders etc

T

The Fonz

Okay, okay, I use google all the time but sometimes after visiting a load of web sites that offer no real solution it's easier to ask some people that might have knowledge or experience in this.

Thanks for your help.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by The Fonz
Okay, okay, I use google all the time but sometimes after visiting a load of web sites that offer no real solution it's easier to ask some people that might have knowledge or experience in this.

Thanks for your help.

Bel and Brinx don't agree with me on this. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom