Contra 4 DS

Debaser

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone play this?

Two months of play on normal difficulty and I can still only reach level 3. I’d never said the word **** in front of my mother until playing this game, absolutely unforgiving 1-hit-kills, constant bullet/enemy dodging, impossible 1-play-through bosses, it’s just a glorified memory game hell bent on making you feel frustrated and inadequate.

I thought games like this had been left consigned to the 16bit era, never to return to this archaic form of game mechanic, and you know what? - It’s bloody fantastic, proper Rambo stuff, I love it. It’s an eighties Arny film in game form. I don’t see any mention of it on this forum, but it’s one of the best DS games out at the moment.

Surely I’m not the only one in love with this game?

Debaser

One of Freddy's beloved
If Brain Training has big hairy balls and a gruff voice, dons a vest and bandana and holds a rocket launcher in each hand - yes, it's Brain Training.

People who don't like it generally fall into the same camp as those that criticised P.N.0.3 for not letting you move and shoot at the same time. You'll die allot in this game but that's part of the mechanic, it isn't a flaw of its design.

People who liked previous Contra games and still like to fire up the old classics on emulators will love this instalment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom