Consultation

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
There are some really stupid ideas in there tbh. And I quote...

HappyG - remove /face

So tanks get /stick but casters lose /face? Great. /face is also VERY useful for your own realm to you know, for big events and healing classes

TheBinarySurfer:

-Class balance issues - removal of ALL damage insta spells (yes a minstrel saying that) - including warlock chambers etc.

So delete the warlock class? Or make it like every other caster? Yes an albion saying this... But tbh its unique... just need nerfing in dmg.

-ToA: Make all artifacts instant respawn and doable with 1fg. All scrolls on common drop rate (reasoning behind this is the timesink element is currently too high with ToA for new players to bother)

Hurray for making artis just as available as mythra drops.

-ALL REALMS suggestion - give a new channel /class - server-wide channel that allows people to ask questions about their class to others of said class

How would this be achieved? Would someone monitor it? Or would we have to deal with even more xrealming? And theres no way you could put a program in that could analyse every question and decide if its relevant or not.

Sorry I picked on you Binary but after yours I just stopped reading, and these are only my opinions. Would like to know what others think are silly or just really not achievable since we arnt allowed to do it in main thread.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
I think he ment that if you say had a question about the Enchanter class and did /class Enchanter <insert question here>, you would send that question to every (50?) Enchanter playing at that time? Kinda like the /advisor thingy, but thats only viewable if you're in the same zone.

And about the white dye one I heard - I read somewhere that they can't implement white dye because the way mythic had designed the dyes.

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Ame said:
I think he ment that if you say had a question about the Enchanter class and did /class Enchanter <insert question here>, you would send that question to every (50?) Enchanter playing at that time? Kinda like the /advisor thingy, but thats only viewable if you're in the same zone.

Still I dont see how that would work... as anyone can come up with a question which 'relates' to the class, yet can easily be read to mean something else...

Dont really understand the idea he gave on this one, as they would still have to reply... Or maybe the reply could come through email which the account youre playing is registered.

Edit: Btw I think the lowering of Dex on casters is stupid to. Playing a caster without stun... there is no way to stop a charging tank solo.. or in group for that matter.. if dex is gimped charge should be put on a higher timer.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
99% of people out in rvr atm has a arti, so yeah, proberbly are as common as mithra drops.

Bag

Fledgling Freddie
Nomans Land said:
Still I dont see how that would work... as anyone can come up with a question which 'relates' to the class, yet can easily be read to mean something else...

Dont really understand the idea he gave on this one, as they would still have to reply... Or maybe the reply could come through email which the account youre playing is registered.

Edit: Btw I think the lowering of Dex on casters is stupid to. Playing a caster without stun... there is no way to stop a charging tank solo.. or in group for that matter.. if dex is gimped charge should be put on a higher timer.
Whats so hard to understand that he want a "Class Chat". Just like /gu but every classes ie Thane's have their own default chat channel. Most would probably turn it of, but maybe it could work.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
also why have you created a thread just cause you dont like some peoples ideas..

its obvious we wont all agree with everyones ideas.. some are stupid yes.. some are very good..
who are you to say which is which?

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
XenX said:
also why have you created a thread just cause you dont like some peoples ideas..

its obvious we wont all agree with everyones ideas.. some are stupid yes.. some are very good..
who are you to say which is which?

It wasnt for my own ideas either was it? read the bloody post I asked for other peoples and which they thought were abit silly. Oh and yes I can say which are which... as I stated, its my opinion :)

bag said:
Whats so hard to understand that he want a "Class Chat". Just like /gu but every classes ie Thane's have their own default chat channel. Most would probably turn it of, but maybe it could work.

The way it is said... 'server-wide' makes it sound like any class can ask questions to any other class. If its the way you mean its 'realm-wide'

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Nomans did you miss 2 points from GoA's friday news?

GoA Friday news said:
Do not criticise the ideas of others, otherwise the thread will never end.

Do not create any new threads about this consultation. We will only take into account the suggestions posted in the threads we have created.

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Feyd said:
Nomans did you miss 2 points from GoA's friday news?

:twak: They meant dont critise in THEIR thread... so I made my own.

:twak: They meant they wouldnt take into other ideas from other thread... im not giving ideas, im critising.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Everyone has thier own ideas and opinions, you flaming them(yes, you are flaming) wont make them suddenly turn round and agree with you.

This was another reason for them putting in the "no-criticising" thing, theres no need to tell other people thier ideas are stupid, its up to mythic to decided that, not you.

oh, and there was one in there about archery damage I didnt like, but do you see me calling that idea stupid? no, you dont.

Bag

Fledgling Freddie
Nomans Land said:
The way it is said... 'server-wide' makes it sound like any class can ask questions to any other class. If its the way you mean its 'realm-wide'
Yes, but the end of the sentence pretty much cleared that thing up...

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Dukat said:
Everyone has thier own ideas and opinions, you flaming them(yes, you are flaming) wont make them suddenly turn round and agree with you.

This was another reason for them putting in the "no-criticising" thing, theres no need to tell other people thier ideas are stupid, its up to mythic to decided that, not you.

oh, and there was one in there about archery damage I didnt like, but do you see me calling that idea stupid? no, you dont.

Yes maybe I am flaming, but who said I wanted them to turn around and agree with me? Im not asking people to change what they wrote, as I said im giving MY opinion, and I wanted OTHER peoples to if they thought any were a little dumb.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Seems like the general opinion is that this thread is worse than most of the ideas you're flaming. :cheers:

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Dukat said:
Seems like the general opinion is that this thread is worse than most of the ideas you're flaming. :cheers:

Oh well :p guess someone should lock it then :D

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Nomans Land said:
Yes maybe I am flaming, but who said I wanted them to turn around and agree with me? Im not asking people to change what they wrote, as I said im giving MY opinion, and I wanted OTHER peoples to if they thought any were a little dumb.

Ok mate ..... rather than dis everyone elses suggestions..... lets hear your ideas about how to balance/fix/improve DAoC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom