Conspiracy Theories!!!

C

cjkaceBM

Ok lets everyone post their theory on what actually happened. :)

Here's some of mine -

A - One of the Goa GMs got hacked and the hacker then got their log-in for the dev tools etc causing the scenes on Prydwen. In a knee jerk reaction Goa has pulled the plug.

B - One of Goa's internal staff got pissed off about something and went out with a major bang!

C - Sony are a little worried about SWG not being as big as they would like, so paid some l33t 14 year old script kiddies to hack in, thereby forcing us all to migrate to SWG.

D - The brother of the CEO of GOA logged in and changed the root password, and everything got deleted. Unfortunately while they can restore the game, all characters have been lost.

On a reality note I would lay odds of

A - 2/1
B - 1/10
C - 100/1
D - 1000/1

Add a few more people :)

V

Vell

According to official statements, nothing was hacked at all. Which means it was much more likely to be B than anything else.

Which probably explains why they took so long to do anything about it - they spent muchos time checking for security breaches, but not finding any.

O

old.Tohtori

It was Eric The Half A Bee!

Just listen to this song by MP(Not magic points you nerd!)

Half a bee, philosophically,
Must, ipso facto, half not be.
But half the bee has got to be
Vis a vis, its entity. D'you see?

But can a bee be said to be
Or not to be an entire bee
When half the bee is not a bee
Due to some ancient injury?

La dee dee, one two three,
Eric the half a bee.
A B C D E F G,
Eric the half a bee.

Is this wretched demi-bee,
Half-asleep upon my knee,
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric the half a bee!

Fiddle de dum, Fiddle de dee,
Eric the half a bee.
Ho ho ho, tee hee hee,
Eric the half a bee.

I love this hive, employee-ee,
Bisected accidentally,
One summer afternoon by me,
I love him carnally.

See?

M

malyce

Originally posted by Vell
According to official statements, nothing was hacked at all. Which means it was much more likely to be B than anything else.

Which probably explains why they took so long to do anything about it - they spent muchos time checking for security breaches, but not finding any.

You what? this is a conspiracy theory! You never believe the authorities in conspiracy theories. (Don't you know its all ways official policy to lie - almost compusory)

I bet my money on B myself, though am hedging my bets on the (classified) no X - that the Grassy Knoll did it ;)

A

Archeon

Deric's (The Jainitor for the GOA officer) Half brother Steve was fired from his job in the french postal service. The reason he was given was that a man who claimed to be of English, French And German nationality said he observed Steve m*sterb*ting into a package containing a cake.

Steve knew he had to get revenge for this unfair dismissial (the Package he was m*sterb*ting into was being sent to his ex-wife Debie, who had run away with the Milkman, Frank)

He was chatting with Deric and he remembered that GOA ran a games service to people of French, English and German nationality. His derranged criminal mind a whirr he devised a cunning plan.

More cunning than a plan cunned up by a fox who happened to be professer of cunning plans in the cunning plans devision of Oxford university (and various Ivy League/Yale Collages), and also happened to be a nominee for the nobel prize for cunning plans and sneaky hyjinks.

In the dead of night Steve drove a knife into Derics back, stole his keys to the officer, his Janitor clothes, and tore out his brain and eating it (thus inheriting all of Deric's knowlage, and more importantly his password). Steve broke into the GOA officers in the middle of the afternoon (at which point all the employees we're in the river-side Caf'e having a light snack consisting of ripe cheese, wine, and wafer buscits).

He logged onto the Pyrdwen servers and went to work.

And the rest, as you say. Is history!

...Alternativly it was the American Government in another attempt to cover up the Martian landings at Roswell, New Mexico.

M

malyce

Originally posted by choonz
Only tell the truth when a lie wont do ;)

You've been reading GOA/US govenment/UK government / (insert name here) manuals again hevent you?

And yes I admit - am bored while w8ting for email - you can stop the truth serum now honest :)

S

Sard-Nair

i think some GOA n00b pressed the big red button that screws the server over ... :eek:

P

parisienscot

Archeon you have been watching FAR too much daytime TV US soaps!

LOL anyway though ;)

M

malyce

I got another theory.

It was Mythic that did it - that right Mythic!

Imagine the scenario...

Managing director of Mythic Entertainment (MDME): Well guys I've been looking at these sales figures, and to be frank, im not impressed. S**r W**s G*******s is gaining a significent wedge of the market, and its as buggy and unbalanced as hell.

Corperate Kiss Ass No1 (COKA1): You are right as usual sir! We have kept our bug and Albion love as high as possible, but we cant seem to compete on that score.

MDME: well we gotta do sommet goddamit! We cant let SWG beat us, we need publicity as fast as possible, and I dont care how we do it!!

Corperate kiss ass no2: Well Shadowbane got hacked, and it got instant publicity.

MDME: mmm interesting. But wouldnt thet make it look like we are too insecure a server?

COKA1: Well we do have the Euro servers sir. And they aint actuallly run by us...

MDME: well done my son, you can take my ass tonight.

And the rest is history...

;)

C

censi

D - The brother of the CEO of GOA logged in and changed the root password, and everything got deleted. Unfortunately while they can restore the game, all characters have been lost.

I hate it when the root password is set to anything other than blank or root

user:root
pwd:root

user:admin
pwd:admin

4tehiwn!

:)

D

dukat_lionheart

i have already told ya in two posts... t'was the rightnow monkey!

B - One of Goa's internal staff got pissed off about something and went out with a major bang!

ya, he lost his bananas :(

A

Archeon

Originally posted by dukat_lionheart
i have already told ya in two posts... t'was the rightnow monkey!

ya, he lost his bananas :(

Its not a Monkey that runs Rightnow, its a tapeworm.

D

dukat_lionheart

Originally posted by Archeon
Its not a Monkey that runs Rightnow, its a tapeworm.

a what? dont blashpheme! its a monkey, my mum says so.

C

cHodAX

I heard a giant dog ate Paris, had problems chewing the wannabe Blackpool tower but it ate GOA head office in one bite :)

K

Kaomond

One of Branors monkehs went to visit one of GOA's monkehs, things got heated and they got squashed banana in the cd-rom drive ...... Mwahahaha! :p

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
I heard a giant dog ate Paris, had problems chewing the wannabe Blackpool tower but it ate GOA head office in one bite :)
You're close, but it was really a giant armadillo

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by svartmetall
You're close, but it was really a giant armadillo

Isn't an armadillo a breed of doberman then? I always get muddled up with this kind of thing.

D

dukat_lionheart

i hate to quote myself.. but ah well.. as i said b4..

Originally posted by dukat_lionheart
a what? dont blashpheme! its a monkey, my mum says so.

C

Coim-

Well, I think it went a little something like this...
Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Being a technical genius..z0r I can tell you what those preventative measures are:

Techy monkey: Hey...I think someone is hacking the server...
Techy tea boy: Nah, it always looks like that.
Techy monkey: Does the screen always print 'ROLLOLAOLFMAOLAOLO!! U R B33N WTFPWNED!! I R TEH 1337z0r!!11' over and over?
Techy tea boy: Eyyumm...lemme check my manual a sec'...oh poo.

~cue slow motion dive to pull the server power supply from the mains~

Techy tea boy: Shhiiirrr-argh...
Techy monkey: Phew! That was close! We can just reboot it, close off the compromised port and fire up the back ups. Nobody needs to know, right?
Techy tea boy: Back...ups?
Techy monkey: Ooookay...ya know? I think its time for me to use up my holiday leave. See ya.
Techy tea boy: Yea...me too. I'll send you a postcard from Rio.
My spies have just delivered me a transcript of the goings on in the GOA HQ office.

For your reading pleasure...

<translated from French>

GOA Boss Man: Hey! TECHY GIMPS!! Why can't I play my savage?!
Techy Gimp 1: Sorry boss but it seems we have been ... hacked!
GOA Boss Man: Spare me your technical mumbo jumbo! What's going on?!
Techy Gimp 2: Someone broke into the server and fiddled with the settings and we had to crash it to save it.
GOA Boss Man: <stares blankly> You're fired! Techy Gimp 1, tell me what he said...but in FRENCH!!
Techy Gimp 1: Well, we seem to have...
GOA Boss Man: FIRED! SOMEBODY MAKE ME A MARTINI AND TELL ME WHAT THE FECK IS GOING ON!! I WANT TO WTFPWN PEOPLE!!
GOA Lackey: <hands Martini to boss> Bad man stole game, sir. We screwed. Players angry. No can fix.
GOA Boss Man: Hmm...this be bad. Where is our PR man?! We need him to write something quick!!
GOA Lackey: Greenpeace kidnapped him and released him back into the jungle, sir.
GOA Boss Man: Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! SHIIIIT!! Right...we need to think...<slurps Martini>...what would Sanya do? What wouuuld she doooo?
GOA Lackey: Invent some random bullshit, slap it on the website and hope everyone believes it?
GOA Boss Man: Yes! I like it! Keep coming up with ideas like that and you may be the Boss Man one day. Ha ha ha. <laughs>
GOA Lackey: <laughs nervously> Ha ha. Thank you, sir.
GOA Boss Man: Okay, write up something quickly, stick it on the web page, hire some more techy guys...then clear out your desk; you're fired!

D

dukat_lionheart

Greenpeace kidnapped him and released him back into the jungle

lol!

gotta love da tech monkey :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom