considering laptop but.. (wireless network q)

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
we're considering getting a laptop but currently have a network with a 'normal' router. as getting all the wireless stuff is a bit expensive, is there any equipment around that is basically a wireless 'thing' that would plug into my router so that the laptop can join the network from anywhere in the house?

MaLk

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, it is called a Wireless Access Point. It is a device that plugs into your router and creates a wireless signal. It is not as expensive as a wireless router.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
MaLk said:
Yes, it is called a Wireless Access Point. It is a device that plugs into your router and creates a wireless signal. It is not as expensive as a wireless router.

thank you!

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, normally termed a wireless access point or similar.

I've found it a bit of a pain playing camelot wirelessly, as I go LD every hour or two, especially in RvR. Only time I did it recently was during the hot spell, when playing camelot wirelessly in a cool room was better than playing it in a boiling room via wired network.

Darzil

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I am sure you can find these cheaper but they are reliable and you dont need a whole ton of wires

http://www.withandwithoutwires.com/devolo-wire-free-microlink®-networking-dlan®-duo-starter-kit.html

2054065.jpg

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
you can pick up a wireless router with either adsl or cable modem functionality for ~£30 now-a-days

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom