Considering a change of class

Jeros

Part of the furniture
im a firm beliver in only having one "main" and recently i have realised that im a soloer at heart, i was thinking of starting again and autotraining a reaver to 50, i dont much fancy the grind a secound time, but i with minstrels loss of ip in frountiers im going to be pushed more into the grp role my class was designed for, im no fan of being infi as there is lots of them and i like to be differnt, a scout sounds appealing as well, thoughts?

also would mincers new HOT be a sort of recompense for the loss of ip?

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Reavers are a great class and good at solo, BUT no where near as efficient as infil/minstrel at soloing. A example is a fg of mids are about to zerg over you, with a minstrel you could SOS or stealth, with a infil you can stealth, Reaver has no form of escape. I'm not trying to put you off reavers though, a buffed reaver can take out 2-3 stealthers at a time if it's played right and most pure tanks will have problems with you, duel wielders such as savages/zerkers/BM's are occassional problems but it's unusual to find them solo anyway. The aura's will give you a great advantage over casters and stealthers.

Skeggi

Fledgling Freddie
Don't go scout. I hate scouts. They shoot me all the time ;p

Sigurd

Banned
You won't find a class that solos as well as a minstrel. The only class any of my mains lost to one on one were/are minstrels - a minstrel is a one man army, you have a tank, a stealther, a caster and a CCer. Nothing else comes close.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Sigurd said:
You won't find a class that solos as well as a minstrel. The only class any of my mains lost to one on one were/are minstrels - a minstrel is a one man army, you have a tank, a stealther, a caster and a CCer. Nothing else comes close.

were gonna lose doger, MoB, Ip and AP, its not gonna be pretty

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Jeros said:
also would mincers new HOT be a sort of recompense for the loss of ip?

Yes, the New IP is Shit for the amount of points needed / Other Stuff you need to get.

Jeros said:
were gonna lose doger, MoB, Ip and AP, its not gonna be pretty

rolf :clap:

Firstly, I checked Duskwave and your only RR3 mate, with 6k lwrp. When were you planning on buying these exactly o_O ?

Also, Everybody lose's AP and the rest get a shit Version of IP as I stated. As for MoB, you dont even spec shield, you should never have been able to take advantage of it in the first place to be honest. Minstrels are an Amazing Class for the amount of Utility they have for both Group and Solo, Every group wants a Minstrel, Every Stealther group wants a minstrel. With a BB and some Decent RR you can solo Very well.

Conclusion, imo: Stick with your Minstrel but go RvR more for those tasty RAs \o/

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Vindicator said:
Yes, the New IP is Shit for the amount of points needed / Other Stuff you need to get.

rolf :clap:

Firstly, I checked Duskwave and your only RR3 mate, with 6k lwrp. When were you planning on buying these exactly o_O ?

Also, Everybody lose's AP and the rest get a shit Version of IP as I stated. As for MoB, you dont even spec shield, you should never have been able to take advantage of it in the first place to be honest. Minstrels are an Amazing Class for the amount of Utility they have for both Group and Solo, Every group wants a Minstrel, Every Stealther group wants a minstrel. With a BB and some Decent RR you can solo Very well.

Conclusion, imo: Stick with your Minstrel but go RvR more for those tasty RAs \o/

i know my rr is low lol but i was thinking ahead :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Shame about losing MoB, tried level 2 on my Minstrel and it helped alot. As for all the others... well with all the vnboard whines a mincer nerf was always on the cards either directly or indirectly as is what will happen when frontiers goes live. Just a shame they never thought to make the class simpler to play by removing Lute's from the game and sorting out the abortion that is the instrument system.

Flawless

Fledgling Freddie
Ameliorating Melodies Active Heals the group by the listed amount each tick for 30 seconds. (10 total ticks) 600 100 250 400 Skald, Bard, Minstrel

you are saying everyone in your group is healed for 400 hp every 3 seconds for 30 seconds is crap? Better than ip if used at the right time maybe.

and 10 minute timer.. cant go wrong..

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Flawless said:
Ameliorating Melodies Active Heals the group by the listed amount each tick for 30 seconds. (10 total ticks) 600 100 250 400 Skald, Bard, Minstrel

you are saying everyone in your group is healed for 400 hp every 3 seconds for 30 seconds is crap? Better than ip if used at the right time maybe.

and 10 minute timer.. cant go wrong..

ok ok, as per all your recommendations i will stick with good ol jeros, that HOT looks uber andi always said i would never stop playing my mincer no matter how much they nerfed the class, i dont wanna make a hypocrite out of my self ;)

now if GOA will send me my subs psword (lost it in a hd fuckup) i can get back in the game and get rping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom