Conquest - does anyone actually enjoy playing something else ?

X

xane

Confused by "Capture The Flag" mode ? Have you ever actually seen a "Team Deathmatch" mode ?

Apparently Battlefield Vietnam is going to remove them.

But what about "Objective" mode, used in Secret Weapons, that confuses the hell out of me and seems way to easy to complete often due to knowledgeable individuals learning the back routes when facing an ignorant opposition, all of a sudden it's "game over" and you though you had it made when the last flag fell to your team !

The most imaginative was a game on Telemark where someone landed the DC9 on the hill above the objectives and everyone spawned engineers and skated down the pipes.

D

DaGaffer

I don't think I've ever played BF/DC team deathmatch, and CTF very rarely (although others swear by it as it makes for an easier team game).

I do like Objective mode though (you're right, if you learn the back routes in Secret Weapons you can win easily every time), but, not for the first time, the DC version (e.g. Weapon Bunkers) is better than Dice's BF implementation. The only thing I find a little screwy in Objective is the scoring - not enough points for the person who actually successfully attacks the objective.

In DC No Fly Zone Day 2, I don't think most people had actually worked out it was an Objective map for the first few days - everyone was just flying around going "so what's the point of this map then?"

C

Cdr

heh

[For BF: Vietnam] However, two new (and hopefully cool) modes will be implemented: Evolution and Custom Combat. Evolution will work a bit like the Campaign mode in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory:

- In Evolution, the game spans across two historically tied maps. The scores from the first map, player and team, are then carried over to the second, AJ Marini explained.

Custom Combat, as the name implies, allows the server to customize the battle so it isn’t the same as the default. You are not limited to only changing armies, vehicles. In fact you can even exclude specific weapons or complete classes. So if you feel like a knife fight with only U.S. soldiers, you can do that.

Seems quite cool.

I played CTF once, got confused by the changes in the placement of the vehicles, thought the world was comming to an end and logged out. Never ever ever played TDM, mainly because I dont think there are any servers running it - as the bots probably take up too much CPU time. So in a way, I'm not really going to miss the dropped game modes.

As for the objectives - I have to admit, up until last night I hadn't a clue what to do on No Fly Zone Day 2. My only defence is I've not actually played it that much :(

W

What The

CTF public is a total waste of time as to get a decent result from it you need to work as a team. Something that public servers are generally opposed to.

The bot mode isn't bad, but suffers from poor ai; as difficulty increases the bots just become crack shots.

Users who are viewing this thread