Connection Problem

Formia

Fledgling Freddie
Been having major connection problems for the past two weeks.
Log in and after a few mins get the dreaded two red dots. If I dont LD it lags for 5-10 seconds , happens every couple mins or so.
Its not limited to DAOC , same thing with Diablo2 , runs poor online , fine offline.
Bittorrent download speeds are all over the place. (Noticed that upload speed is particularly poor).
Have run anti-virus , anti-trojan programs , and Hijack this.
Did have 1 virus+1 trojan , they cleared now. Ran netlimiter to see if connection was being sapped anywhere , nothing accessing that shouldnt be (that i can see).
Comp specs,
AMD 2000
GF4 Ti 4200
756 Meg ram
Windows XP
1 meg ADSL connection (BT voyager 100 modem)

Any help is appreciated , im about to format my system , dont know if this will even help my situation.
Thanks

barevoose

Fledgling Freddie
also have this problem on and off
can be fine for 2 days or so then next day cant do a thign because of the chain ld's.
when DAOC LD's my whole internet cuts out too, pretty weird.

Moriaana

Loyal Freddie
NTL by any chance? I had that problem a while back. Took them 2 weeks to sort it out and I had to push them all the way. Was a problem with one of the DNS servers on the trip out of England. D/C every 30 seconds or so at its worst.

If you aren't with NTL, I dunno what to suggest. If you are, run tracert to the server when it happens. Email it to NTL and tell em to get their finger out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom