connection problem

E

Easdown

ok i have a major problem with my connection but it only seems to happen when i play certain games, these games bing daoc and Gothic, but i can get onto the internet no probs, its just when i play one of these games i get disconnected from the internet, not just LD, but totally disconnected, and it only happens when i play these two games.

I've tried contacting my ISP and they told me to contact the games manufacturer so i ask on rightnow and they tell me to contact my ISP lol :(

im on BT ADSL 576k, i shouldnt get disconnected at all on broadband, ive asked everyone i know and they have no clue so im gonna ask on here if anyone knows or has had a similar prob, or knows anyone i can get in touch with that knows whats wrong with my computer.

thx in advance.

B

bob007

Very little info tbh, What OS you running ? Whats running in Background ? Are you firewalled ?

With what your saying i would say, If your running a firewall, Try running 1 of the games with the firewall down. See if that makes con stable. Also heard peeps having problems a bit back with BT's USB modem software and DAoC. Might want to check for updates for that, Also look for updates for your OS, Might be a problem with an OLDish driver and DAoC.

In short.
Update OS.
Update all your internet drivers.
Check your firewall. Try running a game without.

Simple things are often the most overlooked.

F

frogster

Sounds like a USB Modem problem to me too.
Tried a powered USB Hub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom