Congratulations and Thank You

T

Talifer

To the following guilds on our Sidi raid yesterday

Angels
Agony
Dark Prophecy
Knights of Pendragon

I think we amazed even ourselves on our accomplishments. Special thanks to Bobiskey for the organisation but I have to say the dicipline and spirit of these people was quite inspiring, even after 10 hours in Sidi (Yes the raid lasted 10 hours and no the mobs didn't respawn, even though a cabalist had been in there for at least half an hour before we started). Never have I seen such great play from a band of people who turned seemingly impossible situations into victory. With 4fg (32 people) we destroyed all in our path until we reached Bane, by this point we had lost 8 people (it was taking a while and we hadn't expected to get this far :)) and were down to 3fg (24 people). With these 24 people we dispatched Bane (who dropped 2 Banes :)), even after it called 4 blood mages from another level? And continued our destruction until we reached the host leaving a trail of death in our wake. With 24 people remaining we proceeded to wage war on the host and to our astonishment we were actually having an impact. 23 people watched with heartbreaking agony as the last of our band, Dede, fell to the now crippled Host, victory slipped from our grasp at the very last second (As the following screenshot explains)

hostgit.jpg

My companians managed to amass 26 drops, 4 respec stones, 2 dyes and a tincture with 24-32 people.

I would like to thank every man and woman there, your dedication, your skill and your high spirits made this epic raid one of the true highlights of my DAoC experience to date and I am proud to be associated with you all.

Talifer

P

[PS]Venom

Aye, wish I could have been there to see that :)

T

TBF[Pazuzu]

Congratulations Guys. Sounds like a great raid, drops for everyone too. Not bad at all. :)

Pazuzu

J

Javai

Just before we hit Host we had one large zombie thing (god knows name I'd been in dungeon 9 hours) an Archlich, 2 blobs and a deadeye spawn on us and we lived without a wipe or any rezzer logging out. I've never seen the like not even Mid Prince with 1fg and a repop matches it :)

M

morry_molotov

On behalf of Agony i would like to thank you guys for inviting us, twas an amazing raid indeed. No whines, no messing about, and great play from all was what made it so succesfull imho. Agony is looking forward to another raid with KoP, preferably with Angels and Dark Prophecy included as well :)

Edit: Rugged here btw, was on Morry's account ;/

T

Talifer

Originally posted by Javai
Just before we hit Host we had one large zombie thing (god knows name I'd been in dungeon 9 hours) an Archlich, 2 blobs and a deadeye spawn on us and we lived without a wipe or any rezzer logging out. I've never seen the like not even Mid Prince with 1fg and a repop matches it :)

That was just before we hit the Host, unfortunately it used up all our RAs :( I'm certain host would be dead if not for this :) I think I died 4 times in that particular fight, I had to delete /release from my chat window so many times it wasn't funny. But at that stage I think we were all secretly wishing something would just kill us already ;)

Talifer

B

bob007

Think I Died 18 times all day.
We had 1 wipeout, At stairs of doom. resser logged so we moved on.

Great day for me, Pullers did an excellent job. Respect to Shar and later on Elajt ( nerf stealthing up sidi ramp :p).

Thanks all for being calm, Listening, Waiting while we worked out stratigies (wish i'd logged /o tbh, The text passing with ideas for this and that was incredible). Big thanks to all the poeple that attended, Control over a bad situation is key in there, You guys made it easy. Almost to easy *EG*.

I left gwyntell with the hope of a drop per guild, We left sidi with almost a drop each.

Nice work everyone :clap: :clap:

G

gunner440

lol how unlucky bout the host :/

like 1hp? i bet u were all gutted :[

J

Javai

Originally posted by gunner440
lol how unlucky bout the host :/

like 1hp? i bet u were all gutted :[

We were gutted but also sooooooooo tired was about 11pm we met at Gwynt at 1pm. Reckon we'll e a bit faster next time didn't expect to make it to tunnels so ffrm there on we were sorting tactics as we went :)

C

ChillyDawg

bloody hell, good one. i wondered what 30 loonies were doing in Sidi all day, did a /who in teh morning and HOURS later and still saw u all. How many pints of coffee?

B

bob007

Don't think coffee was cutting it after a few hours. most ppl had switched to harder stuff :)

Alot of the time was working towards something that wouldn't get us killed, like that damned pool with the 3 blobs, Try as we might, We couldn't pull a single Blob out the pool to us, They'd agro, Start to move up to us, Then return. That killed a bit of time, But with some thinking on our feet, We found the key to it. And we were back on are merry way.

Bane managed to agro 4 mages from some other room as we'd cleared all mobs in the tunnels, Man that mage dot hurts :) Then he ported to Pool with all 4 in tow, We left him and diverted all ppl to mages, Then had to find Bane again, So from 100% to 10% to 100% to dead :) Nice double Bane drop tho :D

Rest was just stay in control and work it out as we went along.

PS, Gunner, Was thinking of a few words when we died to host and being so close, Gutted wasn't 1 of them :p

K

Khalen

4 stones? So for 4 bosses? First two are pretty easy. So which 2 bosses more? Bane too I see and last one? The Slime one? If you came to the host you should have atleast 8 I think, correct me if I'm wrong... Because you need all the keys to get there...

But still nice done, less zergy makes people work better and lag run less too. Easier to control them a bit :) Must have been quite some mobs to bash through with so few.

J

Javai

We killed all the bosses on way up to Host and got 5 stones some bosses didn't drop em :(

But I'll let bane off cos he dropped Bane x 2 :)

H

Hanhepi

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
... How many pints of coffee?
I stopped counting at some point. All I remember is I switched to my special killer-espressos after like 8 hours.

Originally posted by bob007
... PS, Gunner, Was thinking of a few words when we died to host and being so close, Gutted wasn't 1 of them
Indeed. I guess all my thoughts at that time were focused on 'fresh air', 'food' and 'bed'.

But anyway ... certainly that was the best raid I've ever been on. Thanks to all who organised, showed up, stayed that patient and made this possible.
If someone asked me for a only one good reason to play this game I would mention this raid. :D

D

-deedee-

It was a amazing raid and it was great.

When we gone do this again ?? :p

I want kill Host this time we where so close :)

Ty for organisating :)

Greetz Dede

B

bob007

Originally posted by Khalen
4 stones? So for 4 bosses? First two are pretty easy. So which 2 bosses more? Bane too I see and last one? The Slime one? If you came to the host you should have atleast 8 I think, correct me if I'm wrong... Because you need all the keys to get there...

But still nice done, less zergy makes people work better and lag run less too. Easier to control them a bit :) Must have been quite some mobs to bash through with so few.

Sadly not all drop stones, First 2, skele and spect are as said very easy, Then comes Lich lord Irion, Wasn't to bad as we were still 4fgs at this point. Warlord dropped quiet fast considering his parry rate, Then on to Silencer, Clearing pool first. Bane next, 2 bane drops, Nice :) Lich lord Sanguis, Has to be killed twice as first 1 is not realy him kinda thing, Get some text saying "fights not over, bla bla bla " :) Crypt Lord next, First and only wipe out here (except when we died at end) Puller baffed everything down there at once, 14 mobs was a bit to much considering we were 3fgs at this time. Hmm maybe not, 1 each almost, BRING IT ON :D Soul reckoner next, ASSIST :p Dieing at host :)

9 in total, Host would of made a nice round 10, Next time am going for Fames :p

F

Flimgoblin

think a fellowship raid got legion killed with 40, but they had about 5+adds at the time - lost the loot as everyone died :( that was very much DOH!

made it to apoc with 60.... I'm sure it can be done with less :)

K

Khalen

Nice work and shame some didn't drop stones... maybe mythic made some code for the loot as well (if lesser people drop lesser stuff etc.) But anyway nice work :) So far on every raid I was The Host would always cause 1 wipeout (thank god for the buffbots with us or loggers). Those stairs are just a pain in the ass with so many above waiting to attack us...

F

Flimgoblin

we've had a raid get to the host with only 3 stones before :) it's not a guaranteed drop on any of the named (though the first two always seem to drop them... might just be luck though)

and I'd say two Bane's isn't lesser loot ;)

T

Talifer

Yeah but we forgot to mention we also got 2 x necro gloves and 2 x necro sleeves, some duplicates you can do without :)

But the funky tear drop scout shield is cute :) In fact with 5 shield drops the raid was pretty shield heavy ;)

Talifer

F

Flimgoblin

on the fellowship raids there's always some lucky necro or cabalist that walks away with more than they can carry ;)

D

Draylor

Non-zerg Sidi is alot more fun, but 10 hours? I usually start going insane after about 2 in there ;)

That screenshot is just evil

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Draylor
Non-zerg Sidi is alot more fun, but 10 hours? I usually start going insane after about 2 in there ;)

you have to think on the non-zerg ones so it's generally bearable for far longer :)

zerg-raids you can switch brain off till the horsemen pretty much :) and even then....

K

Khalen

OMG I didn't even see that it was on 0 hp... That sucks even more :(

B

bob007

As fing said, Theres a lot to do when there so few, Time realy does fly. Also had a few ppl log out and rejoin later on, Lost a cleric to LD death, That was a big blow and slowed things down somewhat. Now we have a lot of it worked out, We should shave 2 or 3 hours of that next time, Or we'll just get wiped at first 1. Who knows :p

S

shiro

Hehe aye was great raid that :)) i remember saying in /cg "i have to go in 5 mins" sometimes during the last 2hours xD. but i just could'nt quit hehe.

Thanks for organizing the great raid KoP!

Im gonna wipe that Hosts ass next time :D

As said earlier, no whining, all listened to what leaders said and all went smooth :) made som new friends from all attending guilds as well :)

C

calaen

Yeah well was really good raid only second one I have been on but much better than a large zerg, worth the time spent in the place with less people though, due to the amount of drops. Everyone gets a higher chance of getting something with less ppl.

And as the screenie shows we where but a hit away from getting a couple more drops. Next time he will die!!!!

Would just like to thank again KoP for organising it & Angels and Agony for coming along and making it a worthwhile fun 10 hours.
Without the slightest attempt at a whinge from anybody

Hope to see u guys soon on future events.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by bob007
As fing said, Theres a lot to do when there so few, Time realy does fly.
Oh I know

Last low-ish numbers alliance trip there started as a little over 40, dropping to a little over 30 by the time we reached/killed host and wiped on stairs immediately after.

From memory time in Sidi start to wipe after host was a little over 4 hours (with first keylord missing due to reasons that've been whined over previously)

Sure you had 4FG dropping to 3 rather our 5-6 dropping to 4, but that shouldnt double the time required. Next time you try this I guess youll save quite alot of time. Once those responsible for pulling get it sussed its fairly fast.

Oh and Fing I was referring to raids with fairly low numbers when I said it was bearable for about 2 hours. The standard free-for-all mindless zergs send me insane before we leave Gwyntell, or did last time I was stupid enough to attend ;)

P

Progenie

Well done to all that went.

Just sorry I had to log after Bane :(

Didn't expect to be in there that long and was getting an ear bashing. The miss's just don't understand these things :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom