Confused over my Infil Spec

O

old.Ashgen

Hiya

Like every man and his dog, I have started an Infil.

He is level 15 and I have been told contradicting information.

I was told to max out on CS and Thrust (both at 15 now at lvl 15), and put rest into Stealth/Envenom equally, with a bias on Stealth if not enough points for both.

However, others now say don't max CS, and that slash is better than thrust?

So, for a lvl 24 infil, for BG initially, what should I do. At present, as I say, I have maxed CS and Thrust, and raised Envenom to 4, and rest into stealth.

Some "info" would be helpful, with no short terms (as I have no idea what they mean).

Thanks

Ash:D

O

old.Ashgen

Oops

Also forgot to ask, what "quest items" I should be hunting for.

I have my Epik stuff, and the Cloak of Shades, what else is there which adds to my Infil specific stats. I have general items from my other characters, just need info on + stealth, + cs etc...

Cheers

Ash

O

old.FIN

hmm,

stelth / envenom to 36, rest items and RR's= 50

CS and main style 50..

thats possible when autotraining stealth to lvl 48..

K

K0nah

Ultimate BG Inf Spec = 19Stealth 21Thrust 12Env 21CS 5DW

This requires Autotraining Stealth to lvl24 tho for 20 free points.
If u dont want/cba to do that then settle for 11Env and 3DW.
Limit on +skills at 24 is +5. u want all of these skills at +5 if poss, not hard if its a twinked 2nd/3rd char (DF items, any old stealther bits u have in vaults/scrounge from friends) And Str/Dex/Con capped.
Could swap thrust for slash for giving BG Shadowblades a fright but then if u take the char further u waste a respec, upto u ;)

P

Pin

Originally posted by K0nah
Ultimate BG Inf Spec = 19Stealth 21Thrust 12Env 21CS 5DW

Much better BG1 inf spec is 19Stealth, 14Thrust, 20Env, 21CS, 4DW.

Get a virulent fishing hook and you have the level 22 str/con debuff, which is far more useful than the extra points in thrust.

P

Pin

Could swap thrust for slash for giving BG Shadowblades a fright but then if u take the char further u waste a respec, upto u ;)

No such things as wasting a respec. You either use it or lose it, unless you were level 49/50 when 1.52 was patched.

K

K0nah

14Thrust smells like horrible, horrible variance to me. Id sooner have some consistent dmg after the initial PA. unless u only plan to target Lurikeens ofc :p

P

Pin

14Thrust smells like horrible, horrible variance to me. Id sooner have some consistent dmg after the initial PA. unless u only plan to target Lurikeens ofc :p

That's easily 19 thrust with items. And for level 24 I would say that was fine.

N

Northstarr

my infil at 24 is
18 stealth (auto trained to 24 for 5 extra points)
16 thrust
20 envenom
21 cs
5 dw
imo its the best bg spec, gets u good stealth with the epic items u get so far (+4) good dmg and a very nice 26dmg a tick dot, which shud be enough to finish off any class at 15%hp

edit: also you can use the roman stilleto from the villa legions in corn and the ghostwalker gladius otd to up your thrust a bit

T

Tranquil-

14 Thrust is not horrible variance, when character level is 24.

Damage range @ 2/3’s spec = 75-125%

Which means that you will have a slightly lower variance than at 16 Thrust. The fights you will lose because you had a bit lower variance will be more rare than the fights you win because of the 55 str and con debuff. You will also have + from items.

H

Hit ^_^

evenom 20+2 is a must in bg. con/str debuff owns.
thust14stelth19 evenom20 cs21 dw3-4
inc auto train.
try get some Long Lion Fang's (thuster) wich is qua100% left hand and thrust2 dex7. they are red at lvl24 but have only lost 2-3%on 350bg rp's

O

old.Ashgen

Thanks ... but ...

You say auto-train stealth?

That indicates it's automatic, if so when does it happen becuase in 17 levels I have only autotrained once?

Thanks

Ash

P

Pin

Re: Thanks ... but ...

Originally posted by old.Ashgen
You say auto-train stealth?

That indicates it's automatic, if so when does it happen becuase in 17 levels I have only autotrained once?

Thanks

Ash

every 4 levels... your trainer will keep your stealth at level/4... don't train until you rvr

O

old.Ashgen

Oh bollox

Well, I trained it, so am i gimped now?

Do I re-roll?

P

Pin

Re: Oh bollox

Originally posted by old.Ashgen
Well, I trained it, so am i gimped now?

Do I re-roll?

Only re-roll if you care about 1-2% extra DW chance. Otherwise forget it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom