confused druid looking for advice ...

Traxxx

Fledgling Freddie
not sure how many active druids we are left but mine is still my main and i like him tbh. so here goes:

so we got those nifty debuffs (*)now ... yeepie i think and respec to 44 nurture / 31 reg. to try it out.

at fist look the aoe dex debuff(*) sound like the fist choise when facing a enemy its that or a single target str/con. debuff(*) imo anyway .

but the aoe dex debuff (*) has a 4 sec casttime and thats alot even with capped castspeed and dex and with a aoe effect of only 150 im not sure its worth it.

so that leaves the str/con. debuff(*) left with a 3sec casttime and sure its nice to remove upto 150 str. from the savage/warrior that are steamrolling towards you but the time u use on casting it is the time you coud cast a 500 hp spread heal on the grupe ( if i had stayed on 36 reg. )

* = yeah yeah i know its not a debuff but a buff shear ( buff removal )

so any advice views etc. from the smart ppl ?? and dont mind the spelling etc. remember in a druid with 60 int.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Personally i wud suggest going for the 47 in buffs to get the ablative focus thing. That would be great on anyone with an assist train on them.

Obviously like this ur a bak up healer, but u shud still be able to get the 50% res i wud of thought but no spread heal.

HaaiP

Fledgling Freddie
My druid is currently specced 44 nurt aswell, and from a personal point of view i dont really like the spec anymore, shearing didnt turn out in what i hoped it would be. Mainly keeping the spec to rebuff people after deaths in emain.
Shearing gets resisted tons (or it's just me dunno). And in most fights i'm either cought up with healing, rooting stuff of interupting casters, leaving very little room for shearing (also only has 1500 range so usually have to leave hiding place to debuff stuff, and with the fancy gfx on sheering spells they know i'm a dru for sure). Or if we get the jump the other group usually dies in 10-20 secs, which makes sheering kinda pointless in that case.

Then again not really did 2 many runs since new patch so might be wrong anyways just giving my opinion.

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
The high nurt spec really ruins the good heals imo.
Also, the high nurt takes away the 100% rezz which i really think is needed in RvR.
Unless your not goin to run with a 3rd druid, i wouldnt spec very high in nurt.

But then again, i am a n00b ;)

Amellisan

Fledgling Freddie
my druid is 44/30 too, and i havent found the shearing to be much use yet to be honest- however, the aoe buffs are great when on those ML/keep raids when everyone has just been rezzed. I considered speccing higher for the shield, but then id lose my lovely spread heal and be a less effective healer- which i dont really want to do. So i think im just going to stick with my spec and not bother about the buff shears unless i have time in a fight :)

xsa15

Fledgling Freddie
44/31 nurt/regrowth will still still be fotm for nurt specced droods now, going higher in nurture for the shield thing and you will find yourself not wanted in groups as you have no healing capabilities at all(i.e. no spread heal) and the reason many did go that spec instead of the normal 40 reg/35 nurt is because you rely more on egg rez now, you cap with yellow d/q and the 1st spread heal is as good as 2nd spread heal was before toa, more or less because of +% to healing.

And that 90% abs thing ain't helping too much for more reasons, it's all about casters now, which I'm sure that thing doesn't give any protection from.

And the buff shearing? If you don't find it useful, you've no clue how to use it yet. If you use it correctly it will undoubtedly tip the favour of the fight to your side. And imagine all your casters getting buff sheared from con and dex in a caster group? Might aswell lie down and die then.

smolf

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i love the new spec etc .. good heals cause of healing bonus and good to redo bufs when ppl die.

With my old spec i had a problem with spreadheals that i offen didnt get enough from them compared to the mana cost. Mostly when i casted it, it either gave to little, or the peep that needed it was alrdy dead. Maybe that was just me that sucked donno :)
Must say i havnt really done much buf shearing as i find it more important to heal, but trying to get it into my playstyle.

Overall i find the spec better, and i can heal alot more.. atleast it feels so. Only thing that is missed is the 100% ress but thats to live with.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Will groups now need 3 druids to be effective? a full nurture druid (Buffdebuffbot), a regrowth druid and a regrowth/nature druid?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
I havn't had my druid out in RvR alot yet, but first im gonna try my 40/34/12 spec out - later I might spec into nature and then into Nurture, will see.

Havn't gotten my EoY (feel free to help me xD) yet and therefore not gotten egg rez yet :p if that will be main rez (which i really doubt it will be for me, and havn't seen druids use it alot in videoes [might be wrong, correct me]) i will surely respec away from the 100% rez and into something else.

using both spreadheals tho, will see what I Will find most useful

smolf

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Will groups now need 3 druids to be effective? a full nurture druid (Buffdebuffbot), a regrowth druid and a regrowth/nature druid?

no .. just a nur and a reg/nat etc ...

44nur/31reg and 40reg/36nat etc ...

both heal pretty good still... have even been ok with just 2 44nur druids... 25% healingbonus and 10%cast speed does wonders

gia

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I like this spec (that's why I have it ofc!)

39 Nurt
31 Reg
20 Nat

I think that the pet is a big asset for every druid, and the level 1 or level 7 pet just aren't good enough as a healer/shaman/cleric can just melee them down in 1-2 swings. With this spec I get a level 32 pet that lasts longer than a level 37 patriarch pet if I buff it up and at the same time I get access to all single target shears, yellow resist buffs and capped dq buff for selfbuffing/field buffing. As most 44/31 druids will say, 31 regrowth is plenty for keeping the group alive in rvr, only thing lacking is the 100% rez but I think the 40reg/36nat druids can take care of that.

AE shears arent that good imo, slow casting time and short radius makes them useful in very few situations, having all the single target shears is plenty although the resist rates on them are pretty bad. There isn't much time for shearing tanks and such (or if there is time then usually the fight is easy so it's pointless), I mostly use them to interrupt healers and mages and shear their dq and dex at the same time.

Also a big plus is that you can fully buff yourself and are therefore immune to getting sheared.

Jay

Fledgling Freddie
I think a lot of people are going to mess around with different specs for a while until everyone works out if shears are actually viable in RvR. At this stage, the best thing about 44 nurt is being able to rebuff people you've just rezzed and with 25% buff bonus, they still cap their stats as if they had bb buffs.

The main problems with shears at this stage are a) cast time and b) finding time to cast them between interrupting, healing, rezzing and buffing. Running a third high nurt druid has potential if they act as caster MA or assist casters with str/con shear, but once again, thanks to the slow cast time, the target is almost dead by the time you get the shear off. Also, you cant just wade in and cast ae shears because they all break mez/root.

Personally, I've respecced to 44 nurt as well and although my groups love the fact that they get top buffs straight after rez, I do feel like I'm lacking in healing power a little bit. Time will tell tho. The best bet is probably to ask this question again in 2 weeks or so once everyone has had a proper go at testing out the new specs.

Burp

Fledgling Freddie
The debuffs do not only aoe .. the also do around 90 damage if not resisted .. the resis on the debuffs is insane .. 1 out of 10 try's and finaly debuffed .. if tested it whit my 36nur drood and a full 50nur BB (25% buffbonus moa3).. tho .. if you cast the RED collor debuff .. you wont get the Yellow spec off .. the need to be Red to debuff (Bug ?!?) ..

imo the need to improve debuffs much more to make it effective.

The Aoe buff do rock for events of big raids .. the delve of the buff isnt that hight .. but better then nothing

Sabu

Fledgling Freddie
Angara said:
The high nurt spec really ruins the good heals imo.
Also, the high nurt takes away the 100% rezz which i really think is needed in RvR.
Unless your not goin to run with a 3rd druid, i wouldnt spec very high in nurt.

But then again, i am a n00b ;)

Agree with you, even being nat or nurt 40 reg sounds very useful for me.

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
I am currently 49 nurt spec to test it out (so I can bb when Im not rvring), need 47 for shell so may as well go the extra 2 :)

The shears do about 90 damage to an even con. They dont damage if the target does not have the matching buff to shear. Actually got a few kill messages finishing off weak blue nme with con shears (200+ dmg & -con dmg). Good for attacking enemies on walls (aoe damage on a tough to kill class).
The shell only works on targets that arent melee attacking, like druids/bards/casters. Bit tricky to see who is being attacked sometimes to cast it on them. Doesnt work PvE and doesnt seem to work vs realm guards. If used right this could turn defeat into victory and it would hurt better assisters more :O.
AE buffs are handy, especially at keeps, because you can buff ALL the guards and friendlies with it. Doesnt overwrite conc buffs and conc buffs overwrite them.
24% resists x 3.

Only tried it >1fg keep rvr so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom