Config

W

Will

So, to all the people who have been playing RTCW and/or ET for a while...is there any config tweaking you would adise me to do. I've done nothing outside the ingame menus so far.

K

KUJO

Mine remain untouched too. I don't feel the need to change anything tbh.

T

throdgrain

You may be amazed to hear this Will, but my config is also bog standard, except for shadows off, which i think u can do in options . Amazing ...
However if you want to play it close to black and white, or indeed turn off compass and a few things to make it look better, (i have) this site seems pretty good :)

W

Will

I was looking at that site, and it seems to suggest that every person playing tweaks their gfx settings. However, I couldn't find any list of approved tweaks, so I thought I'd turn to you experts.;)

T

throdgrain

I don't think Id ever play rtcw or et in a competative league, theres too much mapoverbrightbits and gamma 9.5000 for my liking, at least judging from those websites :)
I used to know people who played q3 with vertex lighting off to make it faster, but you're bound to have an advantage like that .
RtCW and Wolf are quite pretty games imo, and should be kept like that.
Oh, god, do you think im turning into another cs clean config nazi ? Hope not lol

M

mr.Blacky

I have tried a config, got it from a friend but it turned out to be good though very ugly :( so I turned a view things on.
I do like the compass, it gives some advance warning.

W

Will

Well, Punkbuster limits how wild you can make your config. I'll look around and report back on what the cool kids are using.;)

P

Pakman

Mine is pretty much what it installed as, I fiddled with /rate /snaps etc but it didn't have much impact.

I like my games pretty :D

M

mr.Blacky

Depends on the game, my last game (Elite Force 1) I turned it to ugly just to be able to do some tricks, but with ET there doesnt seem to be much use.

X

Xage

I havent tweaked anything besides a few keybinds for fast switching between the smg and weapon6(smoke grenade, revive, engineers tools, airstrike) and another button to switch between pistol and smg and another to switch medpack,ammopack,dynamite with the smg :)

BtW I hope you dont think i'm trying to bump this topic :p

Users who are viewing this thread