conc help pls

S

sheepseyes

can anyone answer this for me please
is their anyway to increase conc with objects of desire (thats weapons armour jewelry sc alc ) ?
or is it pie that increases it ?
or am i doomed to just let it increase per lvl ?

any help in this cos i dont know will be apreciated

ta

S

smerf

the conc pool is based of the ammount of piety.

If you find you keep running out of conc try casting your tier lower buffs, as you may find they give exactly the same or very close to the same increase as your higher ones due to capping. eg my lower baseline str and dex buffs give the same increase as my top ones.

K

Kagato.

Actually I think you'll find Concentration is entirely level based, only your power is based on piety/level.

P

Pin

Conc is indeed based on both level and piety, but you need to relog/zone for piety to take effect.

This could be viewed as a bug, but ask yourself what would happen if you fully buffed everyone, then swapped your gear around and lowered piety. You would then have too many buffs on people for your conc pool.

P

Pin

Originally posted by smerf
If you find you keep running out of conc try casting your tier lower buffs, as you may find they give exactly the same or very close to the same increase as your higher ones due to capping. eg my lower baseline str and dex buffs give the same increase as my top ones.

As for capping, if you have 50enhance (after items and realm rank bonuses) your buffs will cap on a level 50 using the following:

Level 41 Base Str (42 delve)
Level 43 Base Con (44 delve)
Level 38 Base Dex (40 delve)
Level 46 Spec Str/Con (69 delve)
Level 40 Spec Dex/Qui (63 delve)

Spec AF buff won't cap.
Base AF buff won't cap, although the display is bugged and will claim it is.
Spec Acuity won't cap.
The remaining buffs won't cap either.

If you have 50enhance (after items and realm rank bonuses) and buy Mastery of the Arcane 2, then all the above still holds, except that you will now reach cap with:

Level 35 Spec Str/Con (57 delve)

If you don't have 50enhance (after items and realm rank bonuses) then you will need higher levels of base buffs (thus more conc) in order to reach the caps (or if your enhance level is very low you won't reach caps at all).

Having higher than 50enhance (after items and realm rank bonuses) will have no effect over having exactly 50.

Note that all the above will be invalid after the next patch when the caps are removed.

M

moo_work

who cares about conc, theres a 20 buff limit which 99% of the time is the limiting factor, not the conc

P

Pin

Originally posted by moo_work
who cares about conc, theres a 20 buff limit which 99% of the time is the limiting factor, not the conc

That's only going to be the limit if you are only using base buffs, or low-spec buffs.

41r, 35e clerics will run out of conc buffing the group before they use 20 buffs (depending on which buffs they use).

(And a bot will run out of conc before casting 20 buffs awell)

O

old.shotgunstow

Nerf Pin's knowledge.

Although one question: What about the base af buff? I thought the display was fixed now? (at least last time I used it to buff myself (on a lvl 35 cleric) my af went up).

H

Hit ^_^

18buffs max atm aint it?
and i cap all but the af/spec af and duickness.
50from base 75from spec whit 40enha and no buff ra's

less then 40enha gave me 12less dex/qui so i dident cap them

but as ppl already said this is goint to be changeed next patch..
guess mythic dident like buffbots whit more then 1reju...

P

Pin

Originally posted by Hit ^_^
18buffs max atm aint it?
and i cap all but the af/spec af and duickness.
50from base 75from spec whit 40enha and no buff ra's

less then 40enha gave me 12less dex/qui so i dident cap them

but as ppl already said this is goint to be changeed next patch..
guess mythic dident like buffbots whit more then 1reju...

it's 20 limit, but the text still says 'you can't cast more than 16'.

and err... my bot has 20 rejuv :p

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Pin
If you have 50enhance (after items and realm rank bonuses) and buy Mastery of the Arcane 2, then all the above still holds, except that you will now reach cap with:

Speaking of Mastery of the Arcane does it make much differance? 3% of a buff that adds 50 something doesn't sound a whole lot but when added across all buffs it could be quite nice.

And does the bonus apply also to the resistance buffs and the new ones?

L

Luv_Bunny

i always run out of conc with my cleric (40r/35enh), got 205 piety and acuity buff doesn't add anything (tought acuity was supposed to increase your 'spell cast stat')

P

Pin

Originally posted by Kagato.
Speaking of Mastery of the Arcane does it make much differance? 3% of a buff that adds 50 something doesn't sound a whole lot but when added across all buffs it could be quite nice.

And does the bonus apply also to the resistance buffs and the new ones?

My bot has level 2. Basically all this means this patch is that I can cap with the level 35 str/con instead of being 4 points short of cap and needing to use the level 46 one (more conc).

It also gives more AF (the raised amount depends on what type of armour you wear, but for chain, MotA2 gives 11 more AF, so you take ~2% less damage).

Spec Acuity doesn't reach cap even with MotA5, so there's extra Int there.

MotA affects all other buffs aswell, so level 2 gives 25% resist instead of 24% (level 3 gives 26%), the damage add and the heal procs are also increased, but you would need level 4 before it made any difference to the Health regen buff.

Next patch the caps go, so you'll see effect on all the str, con, dex, qui buffs aswell.

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Pin
My bot has level 2. Basically all this means this patch is that I can cap with the level 35 str/con instead of being 4 points short of cap and needing to use the level 46 one (more conc).

It also gives more AF (the raised amount depends on what type of armour you wear, but for chain, MotA2 gives 11 more AF, so you take ~2% less damage).

Spec Acuity doesn't reach cap even with MotA5, so there's extra Int there.

MotA affects all other buffs aswell, so level 2 gives 25% resist instead of 24% (level 3 gives 26%), the damage add and the heal procs are also increased, but you would need level 4 before it made any difference to the Health regen buff.

Next patch the caps go, so you'll see effect on all the str, con, dex, qui buffs aswell.

Thanks for the info, not that im taking notes or anything for a buff-bot of cause... that would just be wrong ;)

S

sheepseyes

thank you all for the info :)
im bit confuddled by it all but im sure ill get me head round it

CHEERS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom