Con bonus Vs HP bonus

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Okay when preparing the crafted pieces for a template what will have the greater benefit versus imbue points used, Extra Hit points or increased consitution? I would have thought the only benefit of increased constitution was more hit points or does it increase absorption like it does when you con buff pets?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
It's just hit points.

However, the additional hits points per con vary with class, so I think you'll see differences in gain depending on class. I've not ever experimented, I tend to just try to max both.

Darzil

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks :) from that calculator it is apparent that for a druid 1 point of con = 4hps. Should be simple to calculate a imbue points used Vs hp gained benefit for the two options when i get home from work and can use korts. Thanks again.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Thats odd, for healers 1pt of con is 3hits according to that calc. Do druids gain more hits from con than healers? o_O

Also the calc doesnt work with higher stats than SI allows :/ (i.e. with toa bonuses)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Im getting 4 hit points for healers aswell. Are you testing on character level 50?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Looking at it, it varies between 2.8 hits per con at 50 for a caster, to 4.4 hits per con for a pure melee. It's 3.6 for a healer/druid, so you may be seeing that variation of you are trying with a low total.

Darzil

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
+Hits added to your template = hits.
+con added to your template = hits + absorb. :)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Looking at it, it varies between 2.8 hits per con at 50 for a caster, to 4.4 hits per con for a pure melee. It's 3.6 for a healer/druid, so you may be seeing that variation of you are trying with a low total.

Darzil

Yeah just checked the javascript powering this page.. and indeed healers,clerics and druids are definetly worked out on the same con -> hp conversion (at least according to this page)

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Coolan said:
How about untill u come up with some agrument to prove otherwise u STFU!
Are you stupid or just started playing yesterday?

con buffs etc does effect absorb, but only on pets, con on your char does nothing but increase your HP

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah at least supply an agrument :rolleyes:

Whatever an agrument is...

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
fotm said:
Are you stupid or just started playing yesterday?

con buffs etc does effect absorb, but only on pets, con on your char does nothing but increase your HP

See atleast there u have a valid argument, and i know that, but imo just saying thats bs dosnt prove anything.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Coolan said:
See atleast there u have a valid argument, and i know that, but imo just saying thats bs dosnt prove anything.
:wanker:

Buliwyf

Fledgling Freddie
Buffed to the teeth and this is disgaurding shield/AF, you will take alot less dmg than unbuffed. I'm with Tesla on this 1.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Buliwyf said:
Buffed to the teeth and this is disgaurding shield/AF, you will take alot less dmg than unbuffed. I'm with Tesla on this 1.
your welcome to do some testing, but i know im right

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Con buffs does nothing to your ABS..
Try it yourself, attack a mob with no buffs on and look at the damage.
Now buff yourself with base and spec con and pull the same mob again, same damage.
Like other people said on pets it does work for example on my Cabalist spirit spec pet if the buffs drop mid fight with a mob my pet takes around twice the amount of damage than with con buffs, this is not with people.

To add another thing to the thread starters question +hits can not be debuffed while +con can, not that it is that big of a deal just liked to point it out.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
The effects of con on abs is not large - in fact it's pretty tiny, only a few percent, but it's there. I've played a mob NPC at one time a long time ago (the pixie that had a shroom friend in an Hibbie event where many people got wandering tree-pets, for people who remember.) and the only defense she had was 550 CON, wearing no armor at all. She was hit for a lot less than I expected.

I have no definite proof, and neither does anyone who claims the opposite, but I think CON does improve your absorp rraiting overall. The poster above me does make a good point, though - con can be debuffed and hits can't. Just max. both hits and con if you can. ;)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
The effects of con on abs is not large - in fact it's pretty tiny, only a few percent, but it's there. I've played a mob NPC at one time a long time ago (the pixie that had a shroom friend in an Hibbie event where many people got wandering tree-pets, for people who remember.) and the only defense she had was 550 CON, wearing no armor at all. She was hit for a lot less than I expected.

I have no definite proof, and neither does anyone who claims the opposite, but I think CON does improve your absorp rraiting overall. The poster above me does make a good point, though - con can be debuffed and hits can't. Just max. both hits and con if you can. ;)

Aye but was that not because you were not a normal player but rather a mob/npc?? I mean when you con buff a player there characters hit points increase. When you con buff a pet / monster there abs increases NOT their hit points ( you can tell this by the fact that they dont need healing after buffing). So if you were not playing a standard player i would think the latter would be true and then I am not sure whether that evidence is then relevant to choosing +hits versus +con on a player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom