Computer trouble - help please

Zordo

Fledgling Freddie
All of a sudden, after it was on for about 2 hours with me afk, my comp stopped giving signals to my screen, mouse and keyboard. One peep and it was gone. Heard HD and fans still working so tried a reboot. Same result.

Bought a new motherboard, cpu, graphic card and ram and tried again, same result.

Basically just pow supply (340W), HD and cabinett left from old comp.

So am i facing a new power supply purchase or can it be something else?

Please enlighten me if you posess some usefull knowledge:D

Thanks in advance

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Zordo said:
All of a sudden, after it was on for about 2 hours with me afk, my comp stopped giving signals to my screen, mouse and keyboard. One peep and it was gone. Heard HD and fans still working so tried a reboot. Same result.

Bought a new motherboard, cpu, graphic card and ram and tried again, same result.

Basically just pow supply (340W), HD and cabinett left from old comp.

So am i facing a new power supply purchase or can it be something else?

Please enlighten me if you posess some usefull knowledge:D

Thanks in advance

more likely PSU get a decent one either at least 500w coulds also be that your mobo is expanding due to heat and shorting out on the case, check there is no piece of metal doing this

also some motherboards give a series of beeps if it cant boot up, these actually mean something and can help you diagnose the problem, let us know if there is 3 beeps 4 quick beeps etc and mobo model/make.

:m00:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
It sounds like your hard drive has gone.

Same thing hapenned to me not so long ago with my Dell Dimension. Everything was working fine until I started hearing clicks from inside my tower. The sound was some electric switch clicking on and off inside my hard drive. After about 10 reboots, a lot of tweaking and tinkering, the thing gave out completely.

Take it to a computer expert (not PC world !). Be prepared for bad news

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Ignore me, i just read that keyboard and mouse failed to ;p

Zordo

Fledgling Freddie
Sorted:) it was the PSU. Got a new one today and its all good.
Thanks for ur replies m8s, i appreciate it:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom