Computer rebooting

Afrodite

Fledgling Freddie
So i have this annoying problem, and it is getting worse.
In sertain zones my lag meter goes all red and then my computer rebootes. At first it was just Iarnvidiur but now this happend in 2 more zones. I can't even enter Iarnvidiur at all before this happends. Need to log on my char at another computer to ba able to move her, and then log in at mine again.
My computer is not even 4 months old.
Anyone know what the problem might be?

Laddey

FH is my second home
I'm not a genius, but the first thing i'd do is reinstall DAoC or check for files thingy, when you load up camelot.exe ! If you've already tried then i have no idea.

Good luck!

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like your network card is failing for some reason. Rebooting can be caused by a piece of hardware deciding that its time to have a nice sleep and then your computer decides thats the best thing todo as well ;)

Check mobo and network card drivers (maybe one and the same).

Check your PSU. Insufficient or faulty PSU will cause bits of your machine to stop workign and then a reboot as you describe. If you put in a new uber graphics card or other hardware its a possibility that your PSU cant now keepup with demand.

Oh and ill add my usual disclaimer that GFX drivers can do just about anything, so check them as well. If none of that works, you could test your memory and disk for errors.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Update your graphics drivers and then reinstall DirectX. If you have the latest drivers already then try rolling back to a previous version until you find a set that is stable.

Also to narrow it down further, disable the automatic shutdown on Windows (Control Panel -> System. Advanced tab -> Startup and Recovery settings then uncheck 'automatically restart' under System Failure). That way when the system crashes you'll get a blue screen with an error message which will give you (or someone else) detailed info on what caused the crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom