Computer Rebooting Randomly

M

Mid - Kirinia

Just bought a new computer today running windows xp home edition, and it just randomly reboots without any warning. Sometimes after a few mins of running and sometimes not for 30 mins or so.

I turned off the auto-reboot feature (what a stupid creation lol), and on the blue screen I have been getting an error message relating to "BAD_POOL_CALLER". Once or twice it has mentioned something about a USB port driver too.

Any Ideas?
Please help, this is bugging me to hell! Spent all this money on a new computer and the damn thing doesn't work!

D

dk_flint

- if you have an original copy of windows, do a windows-update (over the start-menu) in safe mode

- random rebooting could be broken RAM too, if your RAM consists of 2 or more modules, try running them alone. is it noname-RAM?

M

Mid - Kirinia

Ah I think it was something to do with plugging my modem via the USB. Have it going through the ethernet card now and it seems to be working fine.

D

Deadmanwalking

Yes, USB network connections are just bad ok kids.

;)

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Mid - Kirinia
I have been getting an error message relating to "BAD_POOL_CALLER".

must be some lameass programmer that plays to much eightball.

B

Bagloor

Do you get the "The Stop 0xC2 error message" with that "BAD_POOL_CALLER"? This error message is typically caused by a faulty device driver or software.

Have you upgraded to XP or did you buy it preinstalled from some vendor?

Have you read your PM lately? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread