Computer freezing up

grisom

Fledgling Freddie
Hi

my computer keeps freezing up for some odd reason, at 1st i thought it was msn etc and even tried reinstalling daoc :mad: no luck tho :mad: having to reboot pc every time this happens.

im running
windows xp pro

2.2ghz
1024 ram
geforce4 ti 4200

if anyone has had this problem and has fixed it can you let me no pls

thx

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
try getting the graphics drivers from the gfx card manufacters as my friend had this same problem and that sorted (not the ones from the nvidia website)

also this might help

i have found a nice program from a company at this webby:

http://www.dachshundsoftware.com/index.html

i run anticrash, hare and zoom and it makes thing run nicely. the programs also sort out your registry and the drivers (so they run on a need only basis so you have more system resources).

there are plenty of places to find "copies of the full version" on the net as the trial only runs for 20 trys.

(btw don't bother with battery doubler (unless you have a laptop) and juggle mouse)

also a lil tip don't have anticrash enabled when running DAoC it keeps trying to fix it and fails

plastic

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi.

I had a simular problem on my computer not long ago, and after a couple of frustrating hours I found that it was something wrong with my graphics card.

In your case it might just be bad drivers, so install the latest drivers for your graphics card, and install the latest version of DirectX. If this doesn't help you should contact the technical support for your computer.

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
Could also be faulty RAM, search for "memtest86" on google and download it. It boots off floppy and checks your RAM for erros.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I had similar problems about a year ago, random lockups sometimes after 20 secs sometimes after playing for 2 hours. Turned out to be faulty RAM :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom