Computer Freezes when switching users !!! RESOLVED !!!

S

sieben_dapoet

well kinda ;)

I've had this prob more and more recently and ive discovered how to get round it :)

When you /quit from one char, you select your second char, then it seems to freeze at the 'loading' picture screen...

IT HASNT ! simply hit the 'ENTER' key twice and DADA your in the game..

I think i know what the problem is, its concerning the firewall.. when you come out and go in again under another char the firewall prompts again for you to allow one of the daoc files access to the net 'game.dll' i guess. But for some reason it hides in the background, and if you try anything except hitting the enter key it will eventually freeze completely.

I dont know why this happens but it does. And Every time ive hit 'enter' twice it lets me in the game =)

cheers

T

tris-

this used to happen to me if i left it on the char screen for about 10 mins after logging out another char, how did you work out that fix btw? :p
p.s. i dont run a firewall either

S

sieben_dapoet

Originally posted by n3wbie
this used to happen to me if i left it on the char screen for about 10 mins after logging out another char, how did you work out that fix btw? :p
p.s. i dont run a firewall either

when it froze i heard a 'beep' which sounded exactly the same as when my firewall pops up prompting me to allow/deny a program access to the net so i simply tried hitting 'enter' and it worked =)

p.s. get a firewall

S

sugah

I used to have this bug on my laptop. 2.4ghz 256mb ram i upgraded to 512mb of ram and the problem has gone away. pressing enter twice used to help sometimes but 99% of the time i had to reboot :(. Best advice i can give is up your ram.

S

sieben_dapoet

me =

2.66 P4, 512mb DDR Ram, ATI 9000 Pro 64mb vid card, 60gig hd

guess this issue is different for some peeps, but for me hitting enter has worked everytime, and i still think its either my firewall or XP poping up some dumb message in the background which causes it.

cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom