Computer Freeze

pip

Banned
My main computer freeze at start up any 1 no best soultion to this?
my cursor stops and i can't move it to do any thing:(

pip

Banned
I get winfix 05 coming up at the start up but i don't use it i have tryed to uninstall it but comp can't find it :(

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
so you cant get into safe mode? ie spam F8 for startup menu?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
I get winfix 05 coming up at the start up but i don't use it i have tryed to uninstall it but comp can't find it :(

Winfix is spyware. Try using spybot search and destroy or windows defender to get rid of it (if you can get your PC to boot sometimes). At some point you have installed a search assistant toolbar on your PC to get it.. So it might pay to think a bit more before clicking ok in future (or less pron browsing.. :) )

If windows does succesfully boot sometimes, you can try the following;

From the command prompt or the 'run...' option on your start menu, type 'msconfig' followed by the enter key. There are several tabs that will be of interest.

- If you are interested in starting it in safe mode you can force windows to boot in that mode by selecting the 'diagnostic startup' option from the general tab

- alternatively if you know what is the problem go straight to either the 'services' or 'startup' tab. From the startup tab you can stop programs that automatically boot on windows startup (i.e. winfix). From the services tab you can achieve the same thing for the background processes.

As neff said, if it doesnt ever boot okay, try starting safe mode during the boot process, spam F8 during the boot process. Once your PC boots you can use msconfig to disable any rogue processes.

Other things you can try if its not win fix causing your problems;
-Remove any USB devices from your PC, Both software and hardware faults can cause USB devices to lock windows.
- If you use daemon tools, Get the latest version of SPTD.SYS for your PC. the previous versions have caused many problems on startup. google sptd.sys to find it.

good luck. It might pay in future to be a bit smarter in your net browsing and use at least one anti spyware tool.

pip

Banned
Ballard said:
Winfix is spyware. Try using spybot search and destroy or windows defender to get rid of it (if you can get your PC to boot sometimes). At some point you have installed a search assistant toolbar on your PC to get it.. So it might pay to think a bit more before clicking ok in future (or less pron browsing.. :) )

If windows does succesfully boot sometimes, you can try the following;

From the command prompt or the 'run...' option on your start menu, type 'msconfig' followed by the enter key. There are several tabs that will be of interest.

- If you are interested in starting it in safe mode you can force windows to boot in that mode by selecting the 'diagnostic startup' option from the general tab

- alternatively if you know what is the problem go straight to either the 'services' or 'startup' tab. From the startup tab you can stop programs that automatically boot on windows startup (i.e. winfix). From the services tab you can achieve the same thing for the background processes.

As neff said, if it doesnt ever boot okay, try starting safe mode during the boot process, spam F8 during the boot process. Once your PC boots you can use msconfig to disable any rogue processes.

Other things you can try if its not win fix causing your problems;
-Remove any USB devices from your PC, Both software and hardware faults can cause USB devices to lock windows.
- If you use daemon tools, Get the latest version of SPTD.SYS for your PC. the previous versions have caused many problems on startup. google sptd.sys to find it.

good luck. It might pay in future to be a bit smarter in your net browsing and use at least one anti spyware tool.
Thx mate :worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom