Composite armour wanted on Chimeara

C

Carfax

Does anyone know where I can buy some composite armour on the Chimeara server?

Thanx guys

M

madcow

go to naboo click ctrl-v, click vendor, click armor, theres abotu 5 comp sellers

C

Carfax

Thanx a lot :)

How much should I expect to pay? 26k for 50% pants seems a lot... or am I being silly?

M

madcow

im not sure im a wookie. I know you pants are crap as they change stat every time u log. I think the wife paid 66k for a helmet and body suit
just shop around and look for the best deal
rember to get them sliced as well buy a master slicer

G

granny

Check the official trade forums for Chimaera - bit of a search should turn up a number of good armoursmiths who can give you prices on exactly what you want.

For composite I would advise against buying "off the shelf" as it were unless you find a very well-stocked vendor with exactly the armour you need.

For instance do you want the armour for PvE (high kinetic resist) or PvP (high energy resist required)? Do you want single-layered normal composite or do you want triple-layered advanced? Do you want to ensure you get resist-only or encumberance-only slices (ie.how many suits are you going to have to buy until you get all parts sliced the way you want?

I've just bought a full suit of triple-layered 80% energy/68% kinetic on Eclipse for 1.2 million creds which was just right for me - took some shopping around though and talking to a few good armoursmiths before I found someone selling what I needed. Might have to get some more pieces of it too, depending on how the slicing turns out Oo.

G

granny

Originally posted by Carfax
Thanx a lot :)

How much should I expect to pay? 26k for 50% pants seems a lot... or am I being silly?

And 26k is pretty cheap... but 50%... ugh, that's pretty crappy too :(

Forgot to say, if it's just PvE you're wanting it for you're better off getting a good suit of ubese rather than composite. Can get 75% kinetic resist ubese for about 75k for a full suit on Eclipse, cheap enough to keep buying bits until you get them all perfectly sliced :)

Users who are viewing this thread