Components/System For Sale *Thoughts*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys

I'm thinking of building a new system and in order to finance it I'm going to sell my old system. I just wanted your thoughts on pricing and/or if you/anybody-you-know may be interested. All prices exclude postage.

icon4.gif
Please Note! I'm not selling yet, just gathering interest. If you are interested either reply or PM. Any sales would be at least a 2-3 weeks yet.

Shuttle RefleXion Small Form Factor System and Accessories - £150 (Information (German))

• Limited edition, black aluminium chasis, mirror face plate, gold-plated heatpipe cooling system.
  • 802.11b Wireless
  • 16x DVD-ROM Drive
  • 8-in-1 Card Reader
  • Audigy PCI Soundcard (OEM)
  • Intel 865G Motherboard (Socket 478 Pentium/Celeron; 800Mhz FSB Support; DDR400 RAM Support; 1xAGP, 1xPCI; Intel Extreme Graphics; 2xSATA, 2xIDE, RAID 0 Support; 6xUSB 2.0, Firewire, PS/2, Network etc. Support)

Please note this item is as new, comes in the original box with all the manuals, CDs etc. Please also note that I have noticed interference with the onboard sound. This may be merely a driver problem, but to be safe I've included an Audigy soundcard, the only downside being it takes up the PCI slot, but at least it offers excellent performance.

MSI GeForce 6800 - £105 (Information)

• 12 Pixel Pipelines, 5 Vertex Pipelines, 325Mhz Core, 700Mhz Effective Memory.
  • 128MB DDR RAM
  • Single-Slot Copper Cooling Unit for Core and RAM with Variable Speed Lever
  • DVI, VGA, and TV-Out
  • Huge 14-in-1 Games and Software Bundle (including dynamic overclocking software, DVD software, Prince of Persia, XIII etc.)
  • DirectX 9c, OpenGL 1.5, Shader Model 3.0 Support etc.

This card comes in the original packaging and is in as-new condition. This card has never been overclocked and has been know to successfully allow the unlocking of the extra pipelines, effectively giving you 16 pixel and 6 vertex pipelines like the 6800 GT and Ultra (please note I cannot guarantee this, and whilst it is easy to software unlock the pipelines it should only be done at the owner's risk, it's certainly not recommended despite those who have had success with unlocking this card).

Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz Socket 478 - £95 (Information)

This is a review sample, but otherwise identical to the retail Pentium 4s. This is a Northwood processor, hence has 512KB L2 Cache and no 64-bit support, but runs cooler than the newer Presscot cores. Supports hyper-threading, SSE3 etc, and has never been overclocked. Provided as-is.

1x512MB DDR400 Kingston HyperX RAM with Aluminium Heatsinks (CL2 2-3-2-6-1) - £45 (Information (PDF))

Low latency times, never overclocked despite the heatsinks and Kingston's strong reputation. Provided as-is.

Western Digital 40GB ATA Hard Disk Drive with 8MB Cache - £20 (Information (Non-8MB Edition))

Very reliable drive, good cache, provided as-is.

Complete System - £415

Buy the whole lot and I'll through in a legal, fully-updated copy of Windows XP SP2 worth over £60.

Thoughts?

Kind Regards

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'd go with that pricing. I'm selling my shuttle sb61g2 v2, p4 2.6 (northwood), 2* 512mb ddr400 geil ram, 120 gig HD, Hercules 9800 pro, and 19" flat screen CRT monitor for £400.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the feedback, Ch3tan :) Good luck with selling yours.

I'm now erring very much towards just selling the whole system, so if people don't mind waiting until mid-June, either just reply or PM me and we can sort something out :)

Kind Regards

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Embattle

Another Shuttle (I'm a sucker for them), most probably a home theatre and gaming system. I have three basic setups in mind at the moment, one based around a Athlon 64 3200+ (Venice) CPU (the dual-core X2 is interesting but just too pricey); one based around a Intel Pentium 630/640 (3.0/3.2Ghz with 64-bit support); one based around a Intel Pentium 830 (3Ghz, dual-core, but as yet no motherboard support from Shuttle).

The rest of the system would be tailored to reduced noise and optimum performance, so GeForce 6 Graphics (Heatpipe-Cooled), 1GB DDR400 (or hopefully DDR2) RAM, 120GB SATA HDD, 16x DVD+/-RW Drive, Digital TV/Radio Tuner, Windows Media Centre 2005.

I'm going to wait until after Computex just to see a) what the GeForce 7800 GTX/GT/Non-GTX shape up like b) what the Radeon x900 line shapes up like c) if Shuttle unveil any new systems, particularly any involving the Pentium M.

Kind Regards

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Ever indecisive I've decided not to sell after consulting with another hardware guru ;) My apologies for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom