Complete game download

Panzer

Fledgling Freddie
On the new website .. the download section .. theres a link to download the complete game including TOA.

Has anyone tried this ? i dont want to download 1.4gb as an experiment.

It then suggests you subscribe ... does this get you a new CD key ?

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
No, but you can buy CD-keys from GOA online, no ?
I think you can.

Tilda

You cannot buy CD keys on line at the moment.
The download is mainly meant for people who have lost their disks I think.

Tilda

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
You cannot buy CD keys on line at the moment.
The download is mainly meant for people who have lost their disks I think.

Tilda

Okaj, thought I saw something about it.. my bad.

Eroa

Banned
always been able to dl the game aslong as you had the exe and update.dat file

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
thats pretty smart actually coz i was shitting it bout formatting pc coz i dont have original discs no more :D

:clap:

Celery

Loyal Freddie
It amazes me that an online game doesn't have the means to purchase a CD-Key over the Internet.

Surely they don't need to inflate the box sales 3 years after release :confused:

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Celery said:
It amazes me that an online game doesn't have the means to purchase a CD-Key over the Internet.

Surely they don't need to inflate the box sales 3 years after release :confused:

Not GOA who decide that. Mythic.

Celery

Loyal Freddie
It doesn't matter who decides it.

The fact is, the facility isn't available to their customers.

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Celery said:

There are devil-like things called publishers. They want a cut of the pie, quite a large cut of it too.

They live in the dinosaur years of buying packages from high street shops. Unfortunatly they are the ones with the money, so what they say goes.

Mythic recently released a statement to this ends (their deal with their publisher prohibits them selling online cdkeys) - think it was in a grab back a couple of weeks ago.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Jenkz said:
There are devil-like things called publishers. They want a cut of the pie, quite a large cut of it too.

They live in the dinosaur years of buying packages from high street shops. Unfortunatly they are the ones with the money, so what they say goes.

Mythic recently released a statement to this ends (their deal with their publisher prohibits them selling online cdkeys) - think it was in a grab back a couple of weeks ago.

very true, I think Valve is having the exact same problems with their new game Half-Life 2, which they want to make available online (through Steam, a program they made) but it ended up in a conflict between them and their publisher Vivendi.
I guess publishers could just offer cd-keys for sale themselves on the internet, if money was the prob? Dunno if any have done it before.

Gamah

Banned
Yep but the difference is Valve ARE selling the game online. I myself have purchased it though steam :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom