Compare Mid/Excal to Alb/Pryd with TOA thefts!

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Ive been kinda active on Mid recently and I found that atleast several thefts of artifacts and encounters going on every day.

We might of had this on occasion on alb. but sure aint often.

Good people we got on alb

:)

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
I think they closed down Petz cos of chim :p Using pointless threads like this to pharm money! :m00:

Spathi

Fledgling Freddie
what do you mean by encounter/artifact theft? pulling a mob someone else has been camping?

Xyliana

One of Freddy's beloved
Hello dear, seeing that I havent even started looking for Artifacts yet here is my no brainer question... how do people steal as you say? :m00:

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Spathi said:
what do you mean by encounter/artifact theft? pulling a mob someone else has been camping?

Exactly. It's not against the CoC, but it is against common sense(for most people). You only need to check the forums to see the problems they're having. Selfishness like this will only ever be seen in Midgard, along with cannabalism and dwarf fisting fetishes.

Reminds me of the people who've recently moved to Midgard and comment on how much friendlier the mids are, compared to Albion :p

It's also known that mids whine 300% more than any other realm, so encounter-theft might not be any worse there than it is here... just that mids feel the need to whine about it more ^^^^^

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Due to bad design it is possible to technicly steal artifacts from another raiding party with out them hitting the Mob.

Its happened to me, im not gonna say by who or what mob/artifact only that GOA do take it seriously and will take action against anyone found doing it. :twak:

From Rightnow said:
Other realm members picking up Artifacts

Discussion Thread
Response (CM) 04/28/2004 02:16 PM
Hello,

We will make certain that the necessary actions are taken in response to this incident. Thank you for the report.

Regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Still I never see any Arti theft posts under alb/pryd boards

go to excal/mid boards and the pages swarms with them :)

Spathi

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
Due to bad design it is possible to technicly steal artifacts from another raiding party with out them hitting the Mob.

Over a week ago i was watching for Danos and when he finally popped i got a full group together to kill him. Just before we were about to pull, two people (with buffbots) from Rose claimed they had been camping him and refused to share him, insulted us, and pulled the mob.

We didnt add or interfere, but i was angry and to cut a long story short, when he died, I picked up the artifact with the intention of teaching him a lesson.

Their group got the other 6-7 items that dropped including a LW component. We didnt give them the artifact back. Needless to say, me and a good few other people found this to be completely fair. If you want to be rude to your realmmates in PvE - go and play the PvP server.

Yesterday I got an email from goa :p

> Date: 19/04/04
> Details of the offence: Deliberately stole the
> artifact Guard of Valor from a group that completed
> the encounter.
> Consequences for the account: 3 days suspension.

:m00:

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Spathi said:
Over a week ago i was watching for Danos and when he finally popped i got a full group together to kill him. Just before we were about to pull, two people (with buffbots) from Rose claimed they had been camping him and refused to share him, insulted us, and pulled the mob.

We didnt add or interfere, but i was angry and to cut a long story short, when he died, I picked up the artifact with the intention of teaching him a lesson.

Their group got the other 6-7 items that dropped including a LW component. We didnt give them the artifact back. Needless to say, me and a good few other people found this to be completely fair. If you want to be rude to your realmmates in PvE - go and play the PvP server.

> the encounter.

rofl, thats really stupid!

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Spathi said:

> the encounter.

No buff bots and since we were on the hill in front off danos just after we did cloadsong encounter and he popped how you can say you were camping him before us when no one else was around i have no idea. Then your group comes steaming in and lies about haveing the so called camp rules but ofc you'll let us join you (in other words you know you have not been there but know that 8 people vs 4 people you have a better chance of gettin it). We did not want to share it and tbh did not have to so pulled danos.

If you want to know whats rude its lying about how long youve been camping that mob.

PS enjoy your suspension :wub:

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
No buff bots and since we were on the hill in front off danos just after we did cloadsong encounter and he popped how you can say you were camping him before us when no one else was around i have no idea. Then your group comes steaming in and lies about haveing the so called camp rules but ofc you'll let us join you (in other words you know you have not been there but know that 8 people vs 4 people you have a better chance of gettin it). We did not want to share it and tbh did not have to so pulled danos.

If you want to know whats rude its lying about how long youve been camping that mob.

cos he must be crying irl about missing 3 days daoc (one of which is patch day) and gets to keep an arti hes been trying to get for several weeks? :rolleyes:

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
By lying about camping it and stealing it ... :cheers:

If i had done anything wrong it would be my account being suspended not his

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
If anyone sees a buffbot(s) camping a spot, just go ahead and pull...just because the person owning them is too lazy to be there, it shouldn't have to make a fg suffer who need it.

I do not know what happened between garok/spathi, but just giving my opinion about the subject above.

Spathi

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:

I'm sure i can manage without daoc for another day, specially since it was patch day today :p

I just find it annoying that people can be rude as they like and then if they still don't get what they want they dont think "ohh, maybe i wont be so rude next time" they think- "lets report him to everyone we can think of, that'll teach him"

Fortunately my GM and friends found it more amusing than anything else ;)

Belcar

Fledgling Freddie
Spathi said:
Fortunately my GM and friends found it more amusing than anything else ;)

Since you've misrepresented me (believe me, I was anything but amused) I'll make public what I told you in person.

Be they right, or be they wrong in your opinion, in making a kill, you do not ever take the loot from someone else's kill.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
If anyone sees a buffbot(s) camping a spot, just go ahead and pull...just because the person owning them is too lazy to be there, it shouldn't have to make a fg suffer who need it.

I do not know what happened between garok/spathi, but just giving my opinion about the subject above.

No buff bot's but active clerics camil/messerschimdt

Pretty hard to do with just buffbots. Help'd Izzzy do it with 3 of us + 3 BB but mana useage without powerfield led to a few dodgy moments. Realy need power field and and heal field then its pretty easy..

Danzaz

Fledgling Freddie
Favorite artifact theft must be the Belt of moon/sun encounter/artifact.

Seen it happen 3 times on mid/excal, u start pulling the lights kill all of em (atleast u think so) and when u check inv for key u see a moron running up to the belt grabbing it, just gotta love the ppl that engage a light and hide on the slope towards the water on the opposite side of where ur pulling.

bad form/greed is ruining daoc atm

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, there is a fair amount of artifact theft in albion, we just dont whine aboute it on FH.

An aliance member had been camping SoM for 12 houers or so, then it pops, we come with a groups after doing malice axe, Then all of a sudden some ppl had walsed in and claimed that they had been there before us, we explained that we where grouped with the person that was camping there, but they just dissagreed..

They went for the arti, failed and died.. we went for the arti, got a reset and started fighting.. then another band of ppl claimed they had been camping there for houers, duknow if they were grouped.. so we ignored them and started pulling the mobs.. they proposed to make a BG, and so they did and we joined.. then some briliant dude in my groups came up with the idea that they might steal the arti by making themself BG treasurers, so we left the BG (i know, a bit paranoya, but i just did as i was told by the group leaders).. then we made a new BG and said they should join... they did not.. then on the last sphinx they added, and a mincer got the cloak... will not mention names/guilds.. Fortunatly, this got solved by the mincer that got the cloak and the one in ouer group rolling for it the day after.. i dont know complete details on how it was dealt with after the mincer ran of with the cloak.

Spathi

Fledgling Freddie
drimascus is great :D

the bit where he slows it down and MoC's 3 stealthers to death is funny - you can see afterwards he isnt quite sure what happened :D

also when he sits by milegate doors and just pbaes his heart out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom