Compare graphics cards performance etc.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Handy little website my mate showed me last night to compare graphics cards n stuff as I was thinking of upgrading my current 6600gt to twin 6800gs in sli. The site shows you average framerates for each card, in sli mode etc on a variety of games - most handy to see if its actually going to make much difference etc before you spend your cash.

Lots of other stuff on there as well I think - havent had chance to browse it yet.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/

Hope it helps for those like me who didnt know about it!

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
if you are looking for comparisons like that, just write f.ex

"6600 gt vs 6800gt sli" in google and you will find loads of sites, dont just rely on tests from one side, you cant trust anybody in a market with such a moneyflow, so double check sources and compare tests with other tests.

Tbh, dont buy 2x 6800 gt, they still costs more than a 7900 gt, and the 7900 gt performs better, uses less power and you only need to buy one new cooler to have it run quiet.

and if you want a quiet GPU fan, i can surgest the zalman VF900-cu, but be sure to check if it fits on your card :)

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
oh, and forgot to add, also getting these bugs in

battlefield 2
carmageddon 2

and about every application using 3d graphics :puke:

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Its the 6800gs not gt I am getting x 2 - from a mate for £200 - the top end version of them it is..

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, Toms Hardware is a site I visit daily, they have some good comparisons.

What I'd love to know, though, is which more mainstream games Camelot is 'most like' from a graphical perspective, so I know which benchmarks to pick on (as it's mainly Camelot I play).

Darzil

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
id say 3d mark 05, since daoc dont use technology in 3dmark 06 i think

might even be stuff in 05 that daoc dont use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom