Company of Heroes: Eastern Front Mod

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi

Anyone played it yet?

I know Calaen is trying to get something going in it and I am sure Throdgrain (evil nazi tank badger) probably has it already....

Anyone else looking at it? Is it any good? I'm looking for something to do when I'm lagged out in Eve waiting for the space elves to appear! :)

D

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
men of war is a lot better, its a lot harder aswell, but has co-op throughout it if thats your thing :)

company of heroes is definately at the hollywood end of realism :p

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Nah I don't want no co-op. I want to blow calaen's girly airborne paratroops out of the air with a flak gun!

I might check out men of war but after a recent Steam spending spree I've been told that our current budget cannot support my impulsegeekbuyingsprees ;)

M

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Men Of War can bugger off :)

No actually I don't have the Russian mod, it worries me that it might muck up my game when the next patch comes out :(

And we do need another patch imo, the last one seems to have made the Panzer Elite go from all-conquering to all-conquered in one stroke!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Mmmm I was looking at Men Of War today. Capture The Flag definately does look realistic :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Men Of War can bugger off :)

No actually I don't have the Russian mod, it worries me that it might muck up my game when the next patch comes out :(

And we do need another patch imo, the last one seems to have made the Panzer Elite go from all-conquering to all-conquered in one stroke!

It's runs off a different .exe when you want to play as the russians throd, you can still use your standard game icon when playing the standard game. It's effectively just skins your downloading!!

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Hope they maintain the high standard of unit quotes.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
They really need to get the Ostheer units done, having one side with 3 choices, is a massive disadvantage to the germans.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I've still not got around to getting it. I just love my 1v1 CoH games :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
men of war is a lot better, its a lot harder aswell, but has co-op throughout it if thats your thing :)

company of heroes is definately at the hollywood end of realism :p

This.

Mabs

Mmmm I was looking at Men Of War today. Capture The Flag definately does look realistic :p

fecetious answers ftw :D
you know what im refering to . COH suffers the "tank that can fire about 60 foot and no more" disease, shit damage modelling, tiny maps, and it was "balanced" which makes it too easy

or to give you an example, you can actually kill the king tiger in CoH quite easily

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Thats because it's a game mate. There's not a lot of point having a weapon in a game that the other side cant kill is there? :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture

Capturing and holding a tactical objective is unrealistic? The flag is just to show where the objective is :p
Besides, squads surviving in a hailstorm of bullets and artillery strikes on flat ground abit unrealistic, just click the retreat button right? In MoW you need to protect your troops well and especially babysit the expensive tanks

Mabs

Thats because it's a game mate. There's not a lot of point having a weapon in a game that the other side cant kill is there? :)

yes, actually

make it very expensive, very hard to kill, with a few notable weaknesses (mostly very shit top speed), and L2 hard counter, instead of spamming soft counters :D

throdgrain

FH is my second home
No. Game has to be balanced so it can be played fairly. On CoH theres a big deal about ranked matches, so things have to level each other out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom