Comp freezing out

S

Skaven

Need a little advice as ive exahuasted all my idea's as to what it could be.
Im getting major comp lock ups whenever i run daoc. This just started happening over the last few days and ive never had this prob before. Ive tried resintalling direct x, reinstalling the gfx drivers, downloading new via 4in1 drivers, reinstalling daoc, reinstalling and upgraded the sound card drivers. All I can think of now is that my gfx card is broke :\ The odd thing about it is that on any other game its running fine (half life for example, no lock ups). Looking in the admin event log I found this error message:

''The driver nv4_disp for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.''

Checking it again I didn't receive that message again when I retried it, yet it did lock up again.

Specs are-
Windows xp - dx 9b
Geforce 4200ti - latest det drivers
SB Live - latest drivers
via 4in1 hyperdron drivers

Edit - just tried turning shadows off on the SI client. Thought it had worked at first as it seems to of gone longer, then it locked up again :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom