Comp Crash

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
My comp sort of crashed after going LD,

i had 1 account logged on in crau, logged buffbot on to buff the group and me, and when i ALt-tab-ed, 1 account went ld, i could not get onto the account that didnt go Ld, so i rebooted,

after reboot i get in windows, i start camelot, and suddenly, all account names were gone from list, so i re-enter my account, log in, get in mainscreen, i press Play,

get Ingame, and i find myself playing in 800x600, with the worst graphigs ever + Default keys?!?:eek2:

my options are on 1024x xxx like they were, everything on max, i had no problems dual logging 2 catacombs accounts both on max graphigs, and now i cant get my camelot graphigs any highr or better, it still worse,

i downloaded new drivers (for nvidea Geforce 6600GT 128mb ddr3) and still nothing,

is my Gfx card broken or do i need to reinstall camelot or windows?

i just cant see how or why my account names are gone and controls back on default, i just cant understand, anyone knows what to do?

Thanks in advance

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like your user.dat got corrupted. Delete it and try logging in again. You'll need to reset your options again afterwards.

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Sounds like your user.dat got corrupted. Delete it and try logging in again. You'll need to reset your options again afterwards.

any input on where to find that file, i only can find a file in catacombs map that sais

User
VideoCD-film
7kb

ty

is this the file i need to delete?

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Shar_Reloaded_Ranger said:
any input on where to find that file, i only can find a file in catacombs map that sais

User
VideoCD-film
7kb

ty

is this the file i need to delete?
No, go into your main catacombs folder and look for a file called user.dat, simply delete it and repatch it. It should be in the main folder with all your .ini files and so on.
You may need to turn on the option to show hidden filetypes in folders. Go to the 'tools' menu at the top of the window when you open the catacombs folder and click on 'folder options'. Click on the 'view' tab and tick the option to show hidden files and folders. Click ok on all open windows and you should find it in there.

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
No, go into your main catacombs folder and look for a file called user.dat, simply delete it and repatch it. It should be in the main folder with all your .ini files and so on.
You may need to turn on the option to show hidden filetypes in folders. Go to the 'tools' menu at the top of the window when you open the catacombs folder and click on 'folder options'. Click on the 'view' tab and tick the option to show hidden files and folders. Click ok on all open windows and you should find it in there.

tried that aswel, i reinstalled DaoC, new gfx drivers, new mobo drivers, etc etc, its still screwed:(

it looks like its only screwed in daoc stil though, i can run other games almost np, dunno, seems the computer is a bit slow though with loading but for the rest its the same :(

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
check for trojans and viruses then matey or do a complete format reinstall.

Sounds like you got somthing thats corrupting your files

Sandariel

Fledgling Freddie
Try logging in without using Quicklogin (select "No thanks")
Then change the settings in the option window there, shouldn't have to delete anything to make it work again. Had that happen a few times to me, too. It happens when the client crashes every now and then. The config file won't be saved correctly, so you have to change your settings back.

If your settings already say you're running on 1024x768 try to switch to 800x600, log on, log of again and switch them to 1024x768 again. That should do the trick.

(I use a batch file to switch between windowed mode/fullscreen mode, I run it before I start the game, so I don't have to log in, change the setting and log out again and log back on. If I do this though, the options window will _always_ tell me I'm running fullscreen, even though I'm running windowed, which should be the same problem you're experiencing atm (showing 1024x768, even though you're actually running on 800x600)).

Guess when you reinstalled daoc you didn't delete the old folder with the old inis? There are some 1024x768.ini and 800x600.ini files there to keeping the settings for different resolutions, might want to try deleting those, or trying a full file check before starting the client. (Not sure about the correct filenames there, can't check them atm, as I'm at work, but they should be there, or at least some with a similar name :) )
Or try deleting your catas folder before reinstalling, or just install it to a new directory.

Oh and make sure to make a backup of anything you delete first. ;)

If all this doesn't work, yes, I guess it would be a problem with file corruption :)

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
i dont know what i did, but i logged off in the evening, and when i got ingame the morning after, i did something in options, and everything was normal again, i rlly dont know what i did, or if i even did something lol

well, thanks anyways everyone for the help xx:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom