Community?

C

.cage

lo, i've been playing rtcw online since release, got a clan setup, and i've been wondering why there doesn't seem to be much of a bw scene; i.e. there's no league (yet, anyhow) and the forum seems almost as inactive as the Quake II one. So, anyone got any thread starters? :)

E

Embattle

I think the trouble over the Servers pissed a lot of people off, I certainly know I've not played it since.

I've currently made a trip back to CS and it seems rather good atm, plus of course I spend a lot of time here :)

S

ShockingAlberto

Just started playing Q3F, and i'm thinking it's a TFC beater, so i'm very occupied atm :)

C

.cage

eheh, not related of course, but nice avatar embattle, Capcom fan? :)

O

old.Dan_the_man

I think its just such a good game ppl would rather play it than post things :)

I have seen the 'tompson/mp40 debate' in other forums a few ppl thinking invisible players are cheating and the odd mention of the grenade spam lieutenant bug.

I also think there is no real 'home' for rtcw yet as there are so many servers for it, barrys, jolt, BY(prolly the biggest provider), gamepoint and savage. I usually just pick the server with the most colourful names on hoping the lieuts will give me ammo/medics health :)

O

old.Hashesheen

well i think these days peeps buy the games with their built in server finder thingy and they just play the game and don't realise that there are related forums and communities n stuff. The best communities used to be Wireplay, and that prolly was only coz you got into Wireplay by loading their CD that came with most games and were hit in the face by their web site as soon as you registered or logged on. You had the choice of going straight to the servers or checking out he community and forums. I bet BW rtce would exploded if there was a BW cd with every game, but most noob's don't even know BW exists :mad:

S

ShockingAlberto

BW Servers are nearly allways full... Where's the problem? Since Nat sorted the servers, they've been generally more full than Jolt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom