coming up on my next unlock...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
well, with my average of half an hour a day playing, I've managed to come up on gunnery sergeant ;) now this comes with an unlock, and tbh I'm a bit torn between them, as I find myself playing more and more anti-tank, engineer and support gunner. iirc that's DAO-12, Jackhammer and PKM respectivly.

Now I want something I can really *use*. I'm kind of wary of shotguns because of the range. I want the idea that I can take out foes in a 40 to 60' radius, say 15 to 20 meters, with ease. Is it true that the PKM has a far greater punch than the current LMG's ingame? Someone sum up some pros and cons please :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
TdC said:
well, with my average of half an hour a day playing, I've managed to come up on gunnery sergeant ;) now this comes with an unlock, and tbh I'm a bit torn between them, as I find myself playing more and more anti-tank, engineer and support gunner. iirc that's DAO-12, Jackhammer and PKM respectivly.

Now I want something I can really *use*. I'm kind of wary of shotguns because of the range. I want the idea that I can take out foes in a 40 to 60' radius, say 15 to 20 meters, with ease. Is it true that the PKM has a far greater punch than the current LMG's ingame? Someone sum up some pros and cons please :)

You're just playing vanilla BF, not SF, yeah? (because that give you a few more unlock options). The PKM is indeed harder hitting than the other LMG's; it's basically the same machine gun you get on top of MEC transports, whereas the US one is the same one get on the boats. Its quite slow firing, but packs a punch is very accurate when prone.

Forget the jackhammer; its very powerful at close range but it rips through the mag too quickly and the recoil's just nasty. In SF engineers can get the MP7, which I dismissed as just another weedy SMG at first, but its deadly accurate, even at reasonable ranges.

Personally I like the DAO-12; it doesn't have much range, but it hits hard and doesn't recoil as badly as the Jackhammer, and as its the support weapon for AT, you've always got a rocket if you need to hit someone at range (I know its a 'waste' of an AT round, but there's something very satisfying about taking out a sniper with a missile :)). The trick is to make sure you keep reloading the part-empty magazine (say when you've used 5-6 shots) because the total reload time is appalling.

Its horses for courses really; I don't play much support in vanilla BF (more in SF because of the tear gas launcher), but I do play a lot of AT, so I've got used to the DAO and use it a lot.

TdC

yeah mate, it's the vanilla BF2 :) I'm a bit torn between the PKM and the DAO-12. we'll see if I manage tonight otherwise it's tomorrow after teh gym. Cheers for the tip on reloading half way through. I do that with shotguns already and it's good to hear others doing it as well :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Get SF just for the unlocks if anything.

The medic weapon is a twin version of the Special Forces unlock except its just as accurate and has a 3 round burst which is fucking awsome i just play medic all the time now because its such a great weapon.

PKM aint that great buddy not very accurate anyway :)

Rate of fire isn't that good either kinda annoying when you go to ground on someone only for their weapon to fire quicker and you die :)

TdC

SF? nah, maybe later :) I've got little time to play, though I've been speeding it up lately cos I'm close to the next rank (just 70 odd points now). On average I play about half an hour per day so I can't warrent the upgrade yet :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
I must admit i don't play as much as i used to.. i normally play about 4-5 times a day for aboutu an hour or so give or take.

Not too bothered about the ranks now its the fun factor i enjoy the game is hilarious you can die in so many funny damn ways.

TdC

whellp, I got the DAO-12. here's hoping my AT scores improve :) I'm starting to like shotgun things though. melee's great when you're holding a large gun with massive stopping power :D

Clown

Part of the furniture
I just got onto my old account, and I just got my first two unlocks. But the Special Forces weapons wouldn't be given to me as a free unlock. What's going on?

DaGaffer

Clown said:
I just got onto my old account, and I just got my first two unlocks. But the Special Forces weapons wouldn't be given to me as a free unlock. What's going on?

If you've got SF installed they should (obviously if you haven't they won't). However, I think the EA account servers have been playing up today, lots of people on the servers with unlock problems.

Poag

m00?
I got Master Gunnery last night [50,000 points]

Now in possesion of every unlock.

Oddly instead of 1 unlock at the new rank i got two

/me goes off too annoy with flashbangs :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
Gale said:
I got Master Gunnery last night [50,000 points]

Now in possesion of every unlock.

Oddly instead of 1 unlock at the new rank i got two

/me goes off too annoy with flashbangs :p

You one of them people that likes to let flashes off on team mates trying to take off with helicopters?

DaGaffer

Aada said:
You one of them people that likes to let flashes off on team mates trying to take off with helicopters?

You mean like every fekkin TWAT playing MEC on Iron Gator yesterday? God the FH server is full of numpties lately.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Still haven't been given my SF unlocks. Are you sure there's not something I'm missing?

DaGaffer

Clown said:
Still haven't been given my SF unlocks. Are you sure there's not something I'm missing?

What's your score? The only 'Clown' I can find on BF2S only has about 2000 points, so isn't due for any more unlocks yet...

Poag

m00?
Aada said:

Actually the F2000 was the last unlock i got...havn't used Flash Bangs on the classic server just yet :)

However on SF the other day someone did insist of FBing my tank.....so i just reversed over him...glee :)

TdC

you're an evil man Gale :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom