Coming in BF2 1.2...

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
EA have annouced some key changes in there upcoming Battlefield 2 patch version 1.2.

+ UAVs are now visible in the world so if you are being scanned, you can know about it and take action against it.
+ Rank progression is no longer limited to the enlisted ranks. All officer ranks are now available.
+ Bug that allowed players in vehicles to contest a flag from outside the flag radius is now fixed.

Throwing grenades will be allowed while jumping, unlike firing weapons in an aim to stop 'bunny hopping'.

The Booster pack's maps will become part of the standard server map rotation and not become a stand alone version like Battlefield 2: Special Forces.

A full list of upcoming changes can be found here.

Aada

Part of the furniture
New Unlocks for Sniper/AT kits weeeeeeeeee

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hehe too right Aada :)

I'm also quite pleased with this one:
All mines (Claymore, Anti-vehicle, C4) can now be picked up by the same class that dropped it by using the “G” key.

Joy!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yeah kinda annoying when u misplace a C4 or something.

I hope the new AT is LAW94

Poag

m00?
SAS said:
The Booster pack's maps will become part of the standard server map rotation and not become a stand alone version like Battlefield 2: Special Forces.

A full list of upcoming changes can be found here.

Hmm thats gonna be fun on the BF2 classic machine

TdC

Gale said:
Hmm thats gonna be fun on the BF2 classic machine

yeah Gale I was thinking that too mate. what happens to vanilla players when a boosterpack map comes on? insta-kick?

Clown

Part of the furniture
I read that to mean plain BF2 players WILL be able to play the maps.

Deady

Fledgling Freddie
Ahhh whatever happened to the days of BF1 when DICE gave us free maps and free extra nations in simple patches.

Poag

m00?
answered ur own question there

"....when DICE..."

Its EA now..they must bleed all your cash from you!

BLEEEEED

TdC

Clown said:
I read that to mean plain BF2 players WILL be able to play the maps.

I don't know. it's not like an unlock you can pick up or some such. if you'll be able to play anyway then nobody's going to buy the boosters.

Poag

m00?
BY EA now i mean they have taken more control over the game than previously.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Deady said:
Ahhh whatever happened to the days of BF1 when DICE gave us free maps and free extra nations in simple patches.

Which alternative reality was this in then? Dice gave us precisely 3 free maps, maybe one free weapon and certainly no new nations outside the expansions. We've had one from EA in BF2, and now the booster packs, which aren't that bad an idea, but when people start getting kicked in the rotation it will be...interesting.

Trancor

Fledgling Freddie
I expect we will see a lot of expansion maps, easier than charging us subscription for using the ranks/unlocks server. Still very tight in my opinion :D
Not that I'll be playing much for the next year. :(

Embattle

FH is my second home
I must play BF2 again sometime soon....I seem to of got stuck playing other games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom