Coming back to daoc

Elekrep

Loyal Freddie
Hey
I've keeped quite a break from daoc, and now just got a mail with a nice price for catacombs and toa.

My big question is has the game changed at all ? meaning when wow came i saw that the server population has gone doooown, is there any signs of recovery ? And is the leveling still a huge pain in the ass (like the death penalty -> loss of exp )

So is it worth is to test it again ?

Thanks for the replys :D

:flame: Perkele :flame:

Elekrep

Loyal Freddie
Well what I've readed the vampiir looks like a good option when only 1 account ? As a former infiltrator it would be a bit similar.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Agree - to an extent...

If you want to take the game seriously and compete in high-end RVR, you'll need 2 accounts, an uber loki-generated template, minimum of RR5 abilities, ML10, ToA'd up to the eyeballs, unbroken artis, a load of RAM in your PC, lots of time, and plenty of patience.

If you're a casual player, or don't care about being uber in RVR, or you just wanna have a laugh with some mates, then by all means come back and have fun. It's what you make of it I suppose.

Personally, I'm seriously considering not playing Camelot anymore. CBA with it. Will spend some quality time at Partypoker.com hehe

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if you want to play the game to CRUSH EVERYONE INTO THE DUST and /laughspam their corpses you probably want 2 accounts and no job/life.

However, if you want to have fun then come back - pve is a lot nicer than it was pre-toa (more at the high end from ToA and more on the way up from Catacombs).

Dying is a pain but to be honest in daoc losing xp isn't that harsh and there's all the free levels/massive camp bonuses/tasks/miniquests that you can make it back stupidly fast nowadays.

Gamah

Banned
Flimgoblin said:
if you want to play the game to CRUSH EVERYONE INTO THE DUST and /laughspam their corpses you probably want 2 accounts and no job/life.

However, if you want to have fun then come back - pve is a lot nicer than it was pre-toa (more at the high end from ToA and more on the way up from Catacombs).

Dying is a pain but to be honest in daoc losing xp isn't that harsh and there's all the free levels/massive camp bonuses/tasks/miniquests that you can make it back stupidly fast nowadays.

Saying that every player who spends time on their char has no life is a bit arrogent.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Gamah said:
Saying that every player who spends time on their char has no life is a bit arrogent.

I said "if you want to CRUSH EVERYONE INTO THE DUST and /laughspam their corpses".

Nothing about spending time on your character.

Gamah

Banned
Flimgoblin said:
I said "if you want to CRUSH EVERYONE INTO THE DUST and /laughspam their corpses".

Nothing about spending time on your character.

fair enough

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
dont even bother with 1 account tbh :f

:wanker:

Most people who rely on bots to that extent actually started off creating them cos they had no mates.

Lets face it, this game would be a balanced, thriving society if it wasn't for the fact that the entire class system has been unbalanced by fairy-fucks who can't cope with their character the way it was intended to be played...

Not one more whine about inbalanced classes should grace these boards until buffs are ranged or time limited.

Apart from that, thread starter, come back! I have and i've had as much fun just exploring and trying out new bits n pieces - the BG's are still full of twinked 1337 obsessives who aim for nothing higher in life, but still a laugh if you don't take it too seriously :p

Gamah

Banned
Rediknight said:
:wanker:

Most people who rely on bots to that extent actually started off creating them cos they had no mates.

Lets face it, this game would be a balanced, thriving society if it wasn't for the fact that the entire class system has been unbalanced by fairy-fucks who can't cope with their character the way it was intended to be played...

Not one more whine about inbalanced classes should grace these boards until buffs are ranged or time limited.

Someones crying because people with bots own him :D

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Someones crying because people with bots own him :D

well, yeah they do, but i got over the crying thing by becoming a masked superhero...

I personally don't have anything against people who can't manage without buffs, i just don't understand why it's them same people who bleat on about how unbalanced everything is... :eek7:

Equally, if all these whiners predicting d00m are so pissed off with how the game works now, why are they paying two/three lots of subs??????????

:eek:

some people need to really re-evaluate a few things in their lives, imo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom