Coming back to DaoC

P

pitspawn

Heya all ;)

Its been 12 months since i quit daoc and ive reordered a copy of daoc:shrouded isles which ill be installing again. I used to play on my lvl 50 rr4 fire wizard called Inflammable Bloodlust. I already recognise some old faces on these forums still playing the game from my old clan and other old clans. I have decided i will reroll all my characters and start from scratch. Going back to a capped character is a bit too much and i'd like to relearn what i missed.

In the time ive been gone ive played Neocron through beta and release (A really great game that never really made it like other mmorpg did) I tried SW:G and hated it. My irl friends dont want me to play daoc again because they dont want to go back but thats not their concern. I miss daoc =)

Was just going to ask a few questions...

> Are albion still the underdogs of the realms? I remember keeping relics was always difficult because of other realm class inbalances.
> Is excalibur still highly populated? I remember it hitting around 3000 or so at peak time when i left.
> In a nutshell what are the major changes in the past year that ive missed.
> How is leveling up now considering im thinking about rerolling my chars?

Oh and finally one last question...

Why is the EU DaoC account management page down? I want to reactivate my account :(

Thanks for your help guys, hope to see you all in game :D

B

Bleeker

:clap: :clap:

WB mate good to see good ppl return to the game =)

F

- Fedaykin -

OMFG LOL

lo m8 :)

remember me ? :D

excal is a lot more populated than prydwen atm, albions are still relatively gimped in RvR - due to mids new SI class (savages) although we are pretty even with hibernia imo.

you've missed new classes, new areas, lots of RvR and quite a few changes to some classes.

Levellin atm is easier due to /level 20 - if you havea 50 char you ca start a new char at Level 20! lots easier, you can test them in the battlegrounds etc.

Necro's have basically made levelling for most people a lot easier due to power levelling etc and their abilitity to hit 50 in about 5 days played.

hmmmm

i'll talk to you if i see yo in game (bringback Centuri too )

P

pitspawn

Heya Fed, looks like you joined FC. Cant believe they are still around hehe. Its funny because when i left having rr4 was pretty high, now it seems low lol.

I wont be able to get centuri back unfortunately. Hes going SW:G. He keeps trying to drag me into it but i played it and i can truely say there isnt jack sh*t i like about it. Ive got another irl friend of mine who is going to play on daoc with me but he doesnt have the time that i have. I just hope that when i get to a decent level i can get into a friendly pvp orientated guild. Like i said i'll prolly reroll all my chars, relevel them and relearn what ive missed. OFC ill strip all the goodies off my account before deleting. I think ive got some fairly nice gear on my chars to help me restart.

K

Kurik BHM

reroll oO

why delete? make sure you dont do somethign you will regret ;)

and.. welcome back to the game :D

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I wouldn't delete ALL your chars. Keep the level 50 wizard so that you can use the /level command and make lots of level 20 chars. It may feel like cheating if you haven't been playing the game for a while but trust me...there are very few sub-level 20 people playing now and you will be very hard pressed to find a group. :)

P

pitspawn

Leveling to 20 shouldnt be a problem unless they have massively changed the system. When i leveled my firewiz originally i solo'd all the way to lvl 24 i think, didnt take that long.

I would actually prefer to totally start from scratch but i dont think it would be wise to throw away a good plat or two my chars have. Nor would it be wise to throw away the fairly rare items i had back from when i played them. So ill prolly pass over my equip and cash to someone while i remake my chars.

It will help me get back into the swing of things, readjust to the combat system. I played this game when there were only 8 slots on the topbar, that tells you how much has changed lol. I just feel that going straight back to pvp with my firewiz would be like giving a 3 year old a nuclear warhead so to speak o_O hehe ;)

btw wow kurik still about :D I remember fighting along side your theurg in emain back 12 months ago, you still use that as your primary char?

BTW Anyone have a clue when the EU account management page will be put back online? I should get my copy shipped tomorrow so i can install it, i will be mighty pissed if i cant log on after installing.

L

leorin

omg inflammable :)))!!!!!!! Nice have u back been a while since tanglers :X leorin here :D

E

--Eraser--

yay, another old school fire wizzy returning to game, wb :clap:

B

benedictines

WB Inflam :)

The guy that invited me to my first guild!

S

syri

hey! nice to see you're coming back inflam!
There's still a spot for you in kotl if you want it ;)

R

Recundis

W00t Inflam WB m8 damn will b good 2 c u again :)

O

old.Ramas

Originally posted by pitspawn

> Are albion still the underdogs of the realms? I remember keeping relics was always difficult because of other realm class inbalances.
> Is excalibur still highly populated? I remember it hitting around 3000 or so at peak time when i left.
> In a nutshell what are the major changes in the past year that ive missed.
> How is leveling up now considering im thinking about rerolling my chars?

Why is the EU DaoC account management page down? I want to reactivate my account :(

Thanks for your help guys, hope to see you all in game :D

1) Class inbalances are not as bad as they were - but currently general melee is slightly overpowered, savages and bonedancers are way overpowered, and enchanters are slighty overpowered. Make of that what you will.

Current Flavour of the Month classes are:
Alb : Thrust Merc
Mid : Savage
Hib : Mana Chanter (always)

2) Yes, excal remains well populated, naturally as a result prydwen residents continue to visit these boards to remind us how leet they all are for getting by with a less populated server.

3)
- Spellcrafting now means it is considered 'normal' to have every important stat, and most importantly every resistance type at their upper cap.
- As a general rule, if it's PvE you'll want to be doing it in the SI zones, which seem to arbitarily give better drops and xp than the old zones.

4) Easier as SI zones give better xp and there are more quests with big xp rewards. Also alb groups are learning to use pbaoe.

5) Because GOA are as crap as you will remember them. Though to be fair they seem to break things less often in recent months.

P

pitspawn

Cant get in game coz the page which i suppose to use to reactivate my account is down :wall: :wall: /cry Cant wait to get back playing again when my account gets put back online.

Does anyone know if my chars are likely to be preserved after 12 months of inactivity? I did a search on the duskwave DB for my chars and they dont even register there. Like i said im not too fussed if they have been deleted i was gonna reroll anyway. But some items and a couple of plat that i had would come in mighty handy... :D

T

Tilda

Originally posted by pitspawn
text

you know you have 8 slots per account now, so you can creat 4 more alts :D

you can level normally a bit and then /level 20 once your back into the swing of things ;)

Tilda

P

pitspawn

you know you have 8 slots per account now, so you can creat 4 more alts

OMG uber!!!!111oneone

No need for another account then? Unless i want to go make myself a buffbot :rolleyes:

M

McRobin

Welcome back Pit!

Since my new study i can't play a lot. But i'll be seeing you around.

Mcrobin

L

lac_desariel

OMG WB inflammable I remember you a long back chasing you RR with Lac back when RR4 was higher realm rank

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom