coming back from SI

miragino

Fledgling Freddie
Hi everyone,

I am a lost player of DAoC that doesn't realise how can he have been nearly 2 years without playing DAoC :touch: . But now I've opened my eyes and want to come back.

I've been reading somethings, I left DAoC when I was in SI before Foundations, and I would appreciate some updates on how things work

Mainly I have some questions:
- How does the cluster work? are Prydwen and Excalibur together only for the frontiers? PvE raids how do they work nowadays?
- is PvE as boring as i used to be or has it gottten better with expansions?
- Is it easy to go in random RvR or now everyobdy is pro in guilds?
- Is the free trial only valid in the US?

Any other info you give me is really really appreciated. Thanks for responding!!!!

Cheers,
Mirages RulerOfMages <mentalist 50> once leader of a Relic Raid

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
The cluster is very simple, you can port between the two servers however you like so for example a raid can be held on both servers at the same time without it interfering with the other... the capital cities and rvr zones are shared

PvE is boring IMO

I find it hard to find a random rvr group but you can always try your luck

There is a 14 day free trial with only SI expansion available in europe

and welcome back :)

living

Fledgling Freddie
Drucken said:
The cluster is very simple, you can port between the two servers however you like so for example a raid can be held on both servers at the same time without it interfering with the other... the capital cities and rvr zones are shared

PvE is boring IMO

I find it hard to find a random rvr group but you can always try your luck

and welcome back :)

Cluster is great, - improved the PVE part alot because you can join raids on the other cluster too.

PVE is fun and has gotten slightly better imo - atleast theres less downtime. No groups when it comes to leveling sadly tho :(

FInding a random grp in rvr can be very hard - i mostly solo or duo. Finding a few ppl to run a dup or trio is not all that hard if ur class helps them (a healer/messer or tank with BG is always wanted fx.)

Laddey

FH is my second home
Drucken said:

You get TOA as a basic afaik :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
pve is a pain still but its doable now that toa has been made very easy to grind through. no groups for leveling, but the bright side is that mentalist with a sally pet in toa and a buffbot can farm like a madman. Because of cluster there's 2 of all zones execpt new frontiers and tnn.
rvr is a different story, toa introduced the more perfectionized rvr, needing a certain ml and artifacts/bonuses etc. so random groups became harder, but i suggest you find a friendly rvr active guild as they're always having groups running for good laughs.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
miragino said:
- How does the cluster work? are Prydwen and Excalibur together only for the frontiers?
Yup. Arti is down on Excal, go try it on Prydwen. You can also join guilds and alliances across both servers now, as well.
PvE raids how do they work nowadays?
Usually what happens is you kill a mob, and it drops something when it dies.
is PvE as boring as i used to be or has it gottten better with expansions?
I never thought it was boring in the first place :D, but yes it has gotten better. Some really fun places to explore and hunt nowadays.
Is it easy to go in random RvR or now everyobdy is pro in guilds?
There's more high RRs out there now then before, so it's tougher. But PUGs still from all the time; I'm not a fan of NF's terrain at all but the keeps rock, and overall NF does seem to have made it easier to find action + get RPs - which that can only be a good thing.
Is the free trial only valid in the US?
Not sure, but I think so.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
As someone comming from SI version i would recommend Classic version on the Glastonburry server

:england:

I DEMAND A DUTCH FLAG!

Labello

Fledgling Freddie
Well there is a loot of changes since then and i will mention some of them.

ToA:
Verry good ToA page. it's starting to get old, so don't trust all stats.
Almost everything about ToA that i speak of can you find at this page.
www.visionofsages.net/toa

ML = Master Level
Activate your ML on your char by go to Arbiter and right click him.
All classes got 2 ml abilite line to shose from where you get a total of 10 abilites at ml10. (might change in next patch to 3 ml lines)

To get ml10 you have to joine ml raids ore lead one, more ore less 10 raids :(.
The only recuirement is that you need to joine the bg and do what raid leader says :) and you need to be lvl 50, might have changed.
For some of the ml's you need to do presteps "smal Quests".

Artifacts:

Is a iteam like weapon, armor, and rings witch can not break but you need to repair it for a expensive cost. you can not sell it ore give it away.
All artifacts need xp to give all stats. you can xp all artis every where these days.

To get a Arti:
Just joine a bg where they are doing the artifact "Encounter for the arti" and then farm 3 scrolls, some scrolls are harder then other to farm. ore just buy them from housing.
Then click on a char near Arbiter and give him the scrolls.

Darkness Rising:
Nothing rly, you get some extra hp and a weapon at Champoin lvl 5.
http://www.camelotherald.com/section.php?id=31

To get CL5:
Was a while now, but i think you shoud go to your trainer in main city and then walk your way upp to the king.

you can get CL by theses ways:

1. you can just rvr to CL5, goese kinda fast imo. You need around 300k rps.

2. Do the CL quests. I have never done the questing.

3. Standard Xping. Every singel CL is like xping from 49-50 every time :(
so it's nothing i recomend.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
old.windforce said:
As someone comming from SI version i would recommend Classic version on the Glastonbury server
As someone coming from SI version I would recommend the cluster, with the TOA expansion, so you don't miss out on a huge chunk of the game's new content. Shame to come back then miss a lot of stuff by playing DAOC Lite.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Svartmetall said:
As someone coming from SI version I would recommend the cluster, with the TOA expansion, so you don't miss out on a huge chunk of the game's new content. Shame to come back then miss a lot of stuff by playing DAOC Lite.

there was such a huge content add that maybe playing on classic (where people actually still group at lower levels from what i heared) might be a nice place to start up and get familiar again.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:

since the guy said he found the old pve boring, and since theres about 20 times more pve required than there was in the SI days, i really think he would be happier in classic.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Elitestoner said:
since the guy said he found the old pve boring, and since theres about 20 times more pve required than there was in the SI days, i really think he would be happier in classic.

Calssic us great

Still groups at lower levels, once you get a feel for the thing might be an idea to check out your old server/realm too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom