TV Comic Relief 2009

russell

FH is my second home
Well I thought this was the best year ever.

Highlights for me include Fern and Reggies concern and bafflement for Noel Fielding during TOTP's, the next door neighbour from Gav&Stac sandwiched between Robin Gibb and Tom Jones, The England football team's faces, and Robbie Williams' cameo...

I did however want to shoot Davina Mcall.

Fab evening of entertainment -did have to turn over on some of the film clips though, and bawled my eyes out at the dead babies and the girl hiding under the bed. But it really worked as I donated more than I ever have. Anyone else see it?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Thought it was dross actually, though I only saw it around about the time the England team sketch was on, which was quite good.
A good cause obviously and I donated a few quid at work but I just can't stand the show.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Only saw bits of it but if anything stuck out for me this year it was the mountain climb. Granted they had more support than most people do but that's besides the point, it earned a hell of a lot of money and many of them endured silly amounts of pain and sickness to do it. New level of respect for Chris Moyles for that though.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Eheheheh. I strongly suggest everyone dial the talking clock (123).

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm usually a massive fan of comic relief and its tradition to stay in and settle down in front of it with a few beers every 2 years. I thought this years was really lacking tbh, with only the football team sketch standing out. Thought French and Saunders sketch was a bit sub par for them, which was a shame as it's their last apparently. Obviously they did something right though as they broke their fundraising record by miles, so good on them :)

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
is or me or are horne and corden really really not funny.

Kryten

Old Cow.
They're fairly funny as far as modern comedians go.

I.e. not funny at all.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Does anybody else hate Corden? He's one of those so comfortable in his own skin so everybody loves him type of person and it irritates me. He's a fat bloke he should have low self esteem.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Well I'm a fat bloke too :)

Of course it should all be kept away as much as possible rather than wobbled out in public eye more often than not :|

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Comic Relief I find unwatchable I'm afraid, who is there to watch it for? I gave the boy a couple of quid to donate at school but thats about it, he had a great time and his teachers made a fuss and that means more to me than rubbish celebs doing rubbish things. Davina needs to be strung up, why the hell is she still on tv, who likes her?

If you want pure genius comedy, and I mean untouchable, watch Stewart Lee tomorrow on BBC 2 at 10pm.

Well I'm a fat bloke too :)

I prefer to call you big boned ;)

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
If you want pure genius comedy, and I mean untouchable, watch Stewart Lee tomorrow on BBC 2 at 10pm.

QFT, i used to love the stuff he did with Richard Herring

'You want the moon on a stick' brilliant

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Does anybody else hate Corden? He's one of those so comfortable in his own skin so everybody loves him type of person and it irritates me. He's a fat bloke he should have low self esteem.

He's clearly got a bunch of people around him (mainly at the BBC) who are telling him he's some kind of comedy genius, when he's just a smug prick who likes getting the man boobs out. I've never really watched Gavin & Stacey so my first real experience of him was The Secret Policeman's Ball a few months ago, and it was just embarrassingly unfunny (really, really slow-death cringeworthy). Everything I've seen since has indicated that he's not just unfunny but unpleasant as well.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Thought this years was pretty awful, especially compared to some of the bumper years had in the past.

Still, saw one of my mates in the behind the scenes Mamma Mia spoof as an extra: a camerman. Best bit of the show.

Anyone else notice how shit Ashley Cole is at acting/keeping a straight face? Can he do anything other than kick a football? (He still can't even do that as well as he did when he was at Arsenal.)

Chilly

Balls of steel
I was in the pub. I did cycle past television centre tho - fucking massive audience queue, bigger than normal.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
90% of the show was god-awful to be fair and Corden helped sink it to new depths.

Sar

Part of the furniture
is or me or are horne and corden really really not funny.

I'd agree, but I did think the Engerland! sketch was pretty funny.

I watched it up to about 10pm, bunged enough their way for a mosquito net then went to bed.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They're not funny, in the slightest. They're also just dining on the success of Gavin & Tracy which I also thought was overrated shite.
I think it's called Gavin & Stacey.

Lol, funny. Typed it into google to check and the first news result is this.

Too late boys!

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
I think the whole thing is a farce, as is always the case with these things (children in need etc) I always wonder how much the individual celebrities have donated out of their riches. And once the night is over many will carry on with their lives and forget about it...until next year.

It's like some annual event we need to boost our own ego's and remind ourselves just how caring and generous we are.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I think the whole thing is a farce, as is always the case with these things (children in need etc) I always wonder how much the individual celebrities have donated out of their riches. And once the night is over many will carry on with their lives and forget about it...until next year.

It's like some annual event we need to boost our own ego's and remind ourselves just how caring and generous we are.

Yes lets just be apathetic about charity. I'm sure they could raise £57,809,938 without any events such as this.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes lets just be apathetic about charity. I'm sure they could raise £57,809,938 without any events such as this.

I understand that they do raise big chunks of cash and that's all well and good, my suspicion is that many simply stop donating after the event. I'd prefer a world where a continual flow of sizeable cash was raised throughout the year without prompts.

I also find it uncomfortable in the way they perform this circus in order to make people hand over money.

'Care to donate to cancer research?'
No.
'How about if this monkey does a little dance on rollerskates?'
Hurhurhur how amusing. I feel suitably entertained now, have some money.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I understand that they do raise big chunks of cash and that's all well and good, my suspicion is that many simply stop donating after the event. I'd prefer a world where a continual flow of sizeable cash was raised throughout the year without prompts.

I also find it uncomfortable in the way they perform this circus in order to make people hand over money.

'Care to donate to cancer research?'
No.
'How about if this monkey does a little dance on rollerskates?'
Hurhurhur how amusing. I feel suitably entertained now, have some money.

It's all about value for money. Not only do I want to improve conditions for peasants in India, but I want to be entertained.

Sar

Part of the furniture
As cold as it sounds, it really is about value for money.

There are that many charities, good causes, worthwhile appeals etc where you don't see anything back in return for your donations that it makes sense that seeing/experiencing something worthwhile, for which we feel we should give thanks, would make us more likely to stump up.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I'd prefer a world where a continual flow of sizeable cash was raised throughout the year without prompts.

While we're imagining fantasy worlds, I'd like to see one where everyone was comfortable and happy enough not to even need charitable donations.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
In this fantasy world I would just like a slightly bigger willy :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom