TV Comic Con (Firefly Reunion)!

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
The majority of the cast including Whedon got together for it today. The Science channel have announced an hour long special including interviews to be aired on 11.11.12 followed by the full Series, to celebrate it's 10 year anniversary.

I'm hoping SKY in the UK pick up on this and run it!!!!

I still watch this a couple of times a year and I still hate the fact it's gone :(

Can't stop the signal, bitches!!!!!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Should never have been cancelled. Yeah it was cheesy but it was excellent.

Some great script writing.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
If you want more just go watch Cowboy Bebop, it's the source material anyhoo.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you want more just go watch Cowboy Bebop, it's the source material anyhoo.

Love Cowboy Bebop. It's certainly very much the obvious inspiration.

Still, that doesn't detract from the fact that Firefly is still one of the best things on TV in the last ten years. Just goes to show that if your source material is strong and you add a great dialogue writer on top... :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i read about this, also found out they were running a comic series about shepard !!!

cant wait to read em. as for cowboy bebop i am so glad the live action adaption got shit canned. they should leave it be as anything they do will be shit

just curious whats everyones fave FF ep? mine is jaynestown

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
just curious whats everyones fave FF ep?

Because there are soooo many to chose from right? This is what confuses me about FF fans. It's 9+ years old, was cancelled, get over it already. 10 episodes isn't a TV show.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Because there are soooo many to chose from right? This is what confuses me about FF fans. It's 9+ years old, was cancelled, get over it already. 10 episodes isn't a TV show.
Maybe so but it was brilliant and would have become even better if it was not cancelled.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Same with Space Above and Beyond, just because it had a short run does not take away from how brilliant it was.

gohan

FH is my second home
Good job their was 14 episodes then :) and a film

Also Band of Brothers is considered one of the best TV series ever made..... how many episodes where there again? .... Hang on.... Yep it was 10

Good job tho :)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Also Band of Brothers is considered one of the best TV series ever made..... how many episodes where there again? .... Hang on.... Yep it was 10

That was a mini-series with a complete start, middle & end to the story. Very different.

Calaen

My fav episodes would be Our Mrs Reynolds, Out of Gas but the best for me was Objects in space.

Space above and beyond was also superb, I remember staying up till stupid oclock in the morning just to watch the damn thing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This is what confuses me about FF fans.

Let me enlighten you then :)

IMO, TV, for the most part, is shit. There's some good stories out there (Game of Thrones I quite like, liked the first season of Boardwalk Empire, a smattering of a few others) - however I like strong characters, a little intelligence, something out of the ordinary and preferably with a Sci-Fi bent.

Firefly hit all those buttons for me. Plus, it feeds my anti-authoritarian streak. They're thieves but still "the good guys", fighting against an evil empire that, in the best sci-fi traditions, draws parallels with what is happening right now. It was funny, a little sexy (but never gratuitous) and didn't take itself seriously.

Then it got shown out-of-sequence and canned. The vast majority of Americans would never have got it - and if they did they probably would have been offended by it's political undertone.

It was fun, clever and un-self-concious telly for intelligent people, nothing more. But because of that it was a very rare gem - because 99.9999999% of what's out there insults in some way.

Calaen

Excellent description!

Corran

Part of the furniture
cant bring myself to click like on what Scouse said. Just is not allowed. lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom