Come on not badlands again

M

Mörgoth

Gah, it has now passed openfire_l and chimkey_l. Get a few more votes for these 2 good maps and get them above badlands - I don't think I can stand playing it in yet another season!

O

old.DeerHunter

Ahh but Morgy, nothing beats sitting in the canyon gawping at the wide-open space, bad r_speeds and gorgous blue sky. I love it ;)

O

old.[Do]JiM

OVERTAKEN CHIMKEY!!!
pff what is the world coming to :(

O

old.bee

as my dad says..."90% of the worlds population are thick" :)

A

Afx

Gah fs....Dunno why on earth you even put it in the vote,People always vote for it and it always plays shite,Even more so after bhops gone.
In terms of the base layouts it isnt bad but the bases are just too fkin far apart to make for an exciting game.....
I just dunno why bwtfcl persists in putting it in as a choice,I seem to remember a coupla seasons ago we had to play it like 4 times in a season *sigh*

O

old.[748]ash

Have to agree, map sux0rz big time. Hmm CO2 only 2 votes behind it...is that a better map then? lol if it is then not by alot.

Anyway I have done my bit to keep out the pantsness that is Badlands. :)

O

old.[K20]EUROnator

I'd say the biggest reason for BADlands and few other crappy maps scoring so high is that people havent even seen all the maps that are in the vote.
Badlands might be a safe bet for someone who hasnt even seen maps like MulchT or Insurection.
Stop going with the flow and dare to different.....sheeps...

Admins might also do somekind of filtering on the maps they put up for voting....

E

eliminator

I understand your feelings because I've never enjoyed clan matches on Badlands either, but yes its quite true that many of the people who are voting don't recognise the new and arguably better maps and vote for something they recognise and know.

I would like to see roasted_l given a chance but even that is slipping down the pecking order

O

old.eH_SimoN

We didnt get to play our badlands match last time, so i couldnt really judge, although id imagine it would be well...poo.

Although bases2k1 is a vast improvement, i couldnt stand bases_r2, but bases2k1 just seems so much nicer and refined :)

Why is stowaway so popular though?

V

vuz

I have to say I've had some great games on Badlands, altho I absolutely hate playing it on public servers and certainly wudn't complain if it got in. CO2 on the other hand, I think is an excellent map and I would be v upset if it didn't get in :)

Either way, we will 'analyse' where the votes are coming from in relation to players in clans from which divisions, and its possible different divs will have different maps of there are any major differences

O

old.[748]ash

Yeah the new and improved Bases hasn't gotten all that many votes yet, which is a shame....I would definitely like to see Defrags version in next season.

Alot of people hate Crossover2 because fo the awful bridge spam but if both clans defend no further out than their yard it can be a very good and fun map to play on.

V

vuz

I second that CO2 comment, we normally only put any defence on the bridge if the other clan has so as to cancel it out.... :/

O

old.TGC Snow

mebbe i don't like chimkey_l? bwtfcl is the only league that still plays the so-called "newbie" maps and it makes a change from playing in leagues where they removed them

i understand crossover2 can be quite poor if the 5-man DMing offence tactics are used, but that is the same with any map... it's the fact that ppl don't consider these tactics to be lame that is killing the map

O

old.The Dynamo

nah snow, its the fact that co2 rewards such tactics that makes it such a bad map to play
p.s. change yer isp ffs :D

only ever played badlands once before, and i really enjoyed it :)

V

vuz

A&I used to 0wn everyone at it and we never played 5/3 (co2)

O

old.CI.buzz

Imho badlands is a ok cw map we had some fun wars on that:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom