Come on guys, we need something interesting to chat about

Status
Not open for further replies.

illu

Part of the furniture
I'm sure the forums used to be more interesting!
Lately, all I've seen are:

1. I died to this person -> this class is OP -> someone mentions warlocks -> we hate warlocks -> someone mentions zergs -> someone mentions GoL -> thread locked.
2. Gratz threads.
3. Albs stole relic this, alarm clock that, Mids and Hibs stole these relics

Just trying to think of interesting topics, well to me anyway ..... :>

How high are your solo kills? (about 150 here)

Who has the highest Alb/Hib kills? (not me - only about 700/800 in each :/)

Tips for people who play certain classes might be interesting. (Quick SB Tip, save poisonspikes for fights, always run with an AF Item + stardrop to get more AF each time etc.)

Who is your current nemesis? and why? (Niwa is a current pain in the backside :> I'm sure he enjoys killing me as I do killing him, if I can catch him before he runs :> and I owe Matmardigan a few kills...)

What ever happened to this player? (Izasku? Poppamies? Wittor? Cyclodia? Mhorr?)

What are you looking forward to in the next few patches? (Champions Levels / weapon + Slightly more HPs)

How long have you been playing for? How long do you think you will play for? What is your end-game scenario? (3.5years, since beta. Will play probably right till the end, or until SB dings RR11 (but tbh it is starting to grind already, only so many bridges to fight on - welcome to rinse and repeat city)

Favourite bit about DAOC? Worst bit? Favourite - killing big monsters with guildees, or having down to the last hit fights. Worst bit - Archers and Casters :p

Anyway, someone yap about something, and make something interesting for me to read at work!

Oli - Illu

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Flamming threads and whines are always interesting to read at work :) (need to get my network sorted as I'm missing most of them :( )

Clearly from my side I don't see any meaningfull discussion taking place in the RVR section. Even if there are a couple of intelligent comments (on any type of topic) several things will happend:

A) A warlock will reply so it will become a "warlock thread"
B) Someone will mention a relic so it will become a "who did what and when (regarding relic taking)"
C) Someone will just reply and the next person will say "You fucken twat, suddup you add on everyone" hence we will have a "add thread"
D) Someone will mention the word ZERG and all hell will break loose.

Disclaimer: this list is by no means exclusive as I believe that the tremendous imagination of FH posters will come up with an infinite number of categories that will resolt to useless spamming.

Ging

Part of the furniture
illu said:
1. I died to this person -> this class is OP -> someone mentions warlocks -> we hate warlocks -> someone mentions zergs -> someone mentions GoL -> thread locked.

Wtf is your problem with GoL???? :)

illu said:
How high are your solo kills? 0 i am free rpes to whoever finds me

Tips for people who play certain classes might be interesting. (Quick SB Tip, save poisonspikes for fights, always run with an AF Item + stardrop to get more AF each time etc.)

NOooo PS's shouldnt be wasted in fights, they should used be dropped in front of inc fg's and then followed by /laugh spam and rofl irl! :)

illu said:
Who is your current nemesis? and why?

Well ive been feeding rr1 NS/rangers rps on agromon bridge and ive chucked about 10k nimroel's way

illu said:
What ever happened to this player?

they all left to play wow

illu said:
What are you looking forward to in the next few patches?

eating more dirt!

illu said:
How long have you been playing for?

1 week after game was released

illu said:
Favourite bit about DAOC? Worst bit?

Favourite - eating dirt and spamming /as with utter bollocks untill i get a bollocking/banning. Worst - being banned from spamming /as

illu said:
Anyway, someone yap about something, and make something interesting for me to read at work!

I once forcefed my brother worms!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
The real challenge in this thread is seeing how long we can keep it flame free ! :)

From a post cluster perspective I don't really have any solo 'nemesis' at the moment, but there have been a couple of new people who seem to be good fights when I can find them, its mostly just the odd sets of lame duo's and trio's with an uncanny knack of only fighting me when my timers are down.

Its greatly spoilt though at the moment for finding good fights as mids now seem to insist on zerging the soloers around bold and theres no other real places to hunt for 'good' fights.

Im hoping this will settle down or soloers will slowely identify new areas.

For the future I can't say im that bothered about DR, the champion weapons are underwhelmingly mediocre, at least the ones of use to me are, and the horses are just fluff.

The champion abilities are vaguely interesting, but I doubt they will have any sort of positive impact on RvR, same shit different expansion.

I just keep praying for some tasty class balancing to pop up in the forthcoming patch notes, but i've been doing that for 3 years :p

But my biggest wish for the future i'd have to say, above all else...

Make those puppies summonable in the frontiers :(

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i need a working pc so i can continue working on my new video, seems my main one is completely fucked now :mad:

^Onk

Fledgling Freddie
Ive only recently come back to the game and im looking forward taking part in the rvr fun n games, although saying this I already know all balancing issues will grind down the fun-o-meter over time. Ive played the game pretty much since release and still obviously still like it for some reason despite the obvious flaws people point out on a daily if not hourly basis. Hopefully some decent 1vs1 or fgvsfg fights come my way..

Still one of the most interesting points for me is seeing how the player’s personality and reputation evolve over the 3 year history of the game.

Duzic

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
What ever happened to this player? (Izasku? Poppamies? Wittor? Cyclodia? Mhorr?)

wittor is kinda inactive atm but shud hopefully be back soon playing his merc knap

Stallker

Fledgling Freddie
Cyclodias lvlin a infil on pryd it seems seen im a few times in sauvage :touch:

Calo

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
i need a working pc so i can continue working on my new video, seems my main one is completely fucked now :mad:

Chieftec Medium Tower CX-01 Black 420W USB/Firewire 1 € 99
Corsair DDR 512MB PC 3200 2 € 106.06
AMD Athlon64 3800+ 64bit Boxed Sckt939 (venice) 1 € 303
Maxtor 250GB 16Mb Sata 7200rpm 1 € 106.81
Asus A8N-E PCI-E Nforce4 1 € 96.51
Canyon Wireless Multimedia Keyboard & Optical Mouse 1 € 29
Samsung 930BF 4ms 1 € 389.01
Liteon DVD 16/52 1 € 20
Sapphire ATI X1800XL 256MB VIVO/2xDVI-I HDTV 1 € 428.99
NEC 16X DVD -/+rw Dual Layer ND3550 1 € 45

Totaal : € 1623.38

and thats even pretty expensive because most things u can buy cheaper elsewhere :p

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Vodkafairy said:

dude you come over to my place and you can use mine to work on your vid =) I'm pretty sure Premier is multi-CPU compatible and it's gonna rock =))

Oh and yes, Kagato and Gear both are totally right in their posts =)

Well and ofc I'm looking forward to DR cause I already made the templates for it and got most items done till now and I can't wait to get some champion abilites. I will mention them, but please, if you have something to say about it, do it in a civilized way :p

I'm waiting to get disease on my druid cause then finally I have something else to snare my oponnents when root has gone =)

My personal threat atm is that warrior who soloes late night in Agramon and who beat me quite a good amount of times =) Well maybe it's time to get the last 2 artis and level the whole thing =)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
dude you come over to my place and you can use mine to work on your vid =) I'm pretty sure Premier is multi-CPU compatible and it's gonna rock =))

sounds good :p ill bring my hd, where in germany do you live anyways? :p

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
Neffneff said:
i dont know exactly..but it's over 200 now :)

I'm now at 427 solo kills.

Also, I have been talking to some alb and mid stealth and non-stealth players on their hibtoons and the general idea seems to be that the new overall playstyle is far from honorable and I personally can say that the new mentality won't keep me playing this game much longer.

So as what i want to see in the future?
Some more respect towards other players we encounter even if they are from another realm. Things used to be much nicer a couple years back. Now alot off ppl seem to be acting like they are 12years old spamming emotes at eachother and never giving someone the chance to have a nice fight.

Today i have had the pleasure off meeting an alb GG all in blue with red gloves, boots and cloak. I was deliberatly running around unstealthed in agramon to see who has some respect for his fellow player. This GG did not kill me. I believe that these ppl play for fun and I salute them.

My point being: It seems that people forget that those little men running around are also real ppl behind a keyboard and a screen. I ask all off FH community to take the time to analyse their behaviour and compare it to what it once was. If we could all stop being a bunch off ***** it would make all of our gameingexperiences much more relaxing and the game would maybe get back the old feeling it once had...

Duzic

Fledgling Freddie
Theseus said:

Also, I have been talking to some alb and mid stealth and non-stealth players on their hibtoons and the general idea seems to be that the new overall playstyle is far from honorable and I personally can say that the new mentality won't keep me playing this game much longer.

Some more respect towards other players we encounter even if they are from another realm. Things used to be much nicer a couple years back. Now alot off ppl seem to be acting like they are 12years old spamming emotes at eachother and never giving someone the chance to have a nice fight.

Today i have had the pleasure off meeting an alb GG all in blue with red gloves, boots and cloak. I was deliberatly running around unstealthed in agramon to see who has some respect for his fellow player. This GG did not kill me. I believe that these ppl play for fun and I salute them.

My point being: It seems that people forget that those little men running around are also real ppl behind a keyboard and a screen. I ask all off FH community to take the time to analyse their behaviour and compare it to what it once was. If we could all stop being a bunch off ***** it would make all of our gameingexperiences much more relaxing and the game would maybe get back the old feeling it once had...

maybe u shud stop adding on fg fights aswell then?

Corran

Part of the furniture
Theseus said:

At a guess was A.D. that left you. TBH there alot of guild groups that leave solo people (i know alot leave me and im a caster) however there are more set groups that dont.

Personally i leave them unless they are people that have zerged me while im solo or that i know to have added on a previous fight. Atm that about 90% of midgard :p

Corran said:
At a guess was A.D. that left you. TBH there alot of guild groups that leave solo people (i know alot leave me and im a caster) however there are more set groups that dont.

Personally i leave them unless they are people that have zerged me while im solo or that i know to have added on a previous fight. Atm that about 90% of midgard :p

wish people would leave me :mad:

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
Duzic said:
maybe u shud stop adding on fg fights aswell then?

You are actually the only one I would think about adding on from time to time because you were such a complete asshole when pming me on hib.

The 1 time I added on a fg fight happened to be on yours.. i didnt even notice untill you started emoting me and that was only because i was rarely grouped with another NS that was leeching away and figured 'what the hell?'. Maybe you are so sour because you were watching me killing your mate and then going at you later on and you were not able to kill me.

But please ignore this little dialog because I am not looking to start a flamewar. I was merely hoping that we could have a normal, adult discussion about how the mentality changed over the years and what we can do about it.

Ofcourse replies like that are to be expected.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I actually expected cluster to make things more 'friendly' seeing as theres alot more chance now that you can speak to at least one of your enemy realms on the opposing server. But that does not seem to be the case.

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:
I actually expected cluster to make things more 'friendly' seeing as theres alot more chance now that you can speak to at least one of your enemy realms on the opposing server. But that does not seem to be the case.

It seems to me that the Excalibur playstyle is different then the Prydwen one and it is causing some serious havoc :p

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Theseus said:
Then attack me the next time we're both out soloing, will ya? ;)
Spent maybe 30 min one day running around between the 2 mid bridges to Agramon looking for you.
Saw your deathmessages all the time, but never found you. :\

Got less than 150 solo kills myself and could use some more!

Calo

Part of the furniture
Theseus said:
This GG did not kill me. I believe that these ppl play for fun and I salute them.

the GG's who DO kill you also play for fun, nobody is forced to play daoc and plz remember that this is still a MASSIVE roleplaying game with REALM versus REALM fights. Its what makes this game fun, u can choose to run solo, run with a few friends, run with a guildgrp or just go to a keepfight and hit everything u see moving.

I don't try to add on fair fights but you won't see me qq here cause i got zerged or added on, you know it will happen when u go rvr. Just release, go back and have fun!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
Then attack me the next time we're both out soloing, will ya? ;)
Spent maybe 30 min one day running around between the 2 mid bridges to Agramon looking for you.
Saw your deathmessages all the time, but never found you. :\

Got less than 150 solo kills myself and could use some more!

Same to you, I need to test my new template against something less squishy and lame then the SB zergs.

:D

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Vodkafairy said:
sounds good :p ill bring my hd, where in germany do you live anyways? :p

I posted my liddul sticker on that FH map =)) but I put it at my real home, my computers are at the same place Galadhrina put his one ( Kaiserslautern that is )

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
Theseus said:

lol cumin from you you've added on me and zerg'ed me too many times and emoted me :eek7:

Practice what you preach b4 cumin on here acting like a saint

Im not saying your a shit NS but realy the hole "it would make all of our gameingexperiences much more relaxing " bollox leave it out your play style realy promotes that dosnt it ?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
didn't take long for this to turn into yet more add whine.

get over it, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom