Collectors edition pre-order info revealed??

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Check this link WAR-Welten.de - Die deutschsprachige W.A.R. (Warhammer Online) Communityseite

It's a German site but you will see from the 3rd image that it clearly states you will gain extra items, 'open' beta access and early live game access.

This is leading me to believe that June release is looking very promising! will be better once we get an American\English annoucement though.

Still exciting stuff though!
progress.gif

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Just emailed the website i did my CE preorderfrom to ask if they will ever get any in. Waiting for a reply :D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Until it is announced by Mythic, i wouldn't take some random websites information to be correct :)

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Until it is announced by Mythic, i wouldn't take some random websites information to be correct :)

Hence me saying it will be better when theres an annoucement!

Still from the flash bak on a couple of those images it seems like someone has had to quickly take a few pics on a camera? god knows where they have had the chance to see that though?

However just found this on Gamespy.... the bold test highlighting the relevant part!

(March 26) Warhammer Online -- The Collector's Edition
Check out all the goodies coming you way in the Warhammer Online Collector's Edition!

(March 27) Warhammer Online --The Fall of Altdorf
We check out some high level RvR from Praag to the diseased madness of the Inevitable City!

(March 27) City Siege
Check out our exclusive footage of the Chaos Siege of Altdorf!

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
MBJ has said that they are real and its said they have been leaked to the community, An announcement about them will happen at the event in Paris.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
i have a danish friend and he said he's already pre ordered the game through a danish company, release date is may according to them. I dont believe it i reckon it will be aug/sep since it seems they have alot more work to do.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
technically the game will be released in Q2, august is not Q2 anymore (it's Q3 idd). I know not many still believe it'll be released in June, but quite honoustly: you have no reason to believe otherwise. So releasing the pre-order boxes in may would be possible: 1 month of 'open beta', then close all servers for a week or two again and release real game. It's still possible, and I'm counting on it!! :)

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
End of May maybe, June i think its very possible, If you watch any of the new video interviews on IGN or Gamespy you will see they both say the game is as good as done contence wise. All they are doing now is polish. 3 more months to polish the game seems enough to me.

Roll on June :D

ileks

Part of the furniture
Where do you guys think the best place to pre-order the collectors edition would be? I'm in the UK btw. Do you go into a shop (there are plenty of GAME stores near me) or order from somewhere like play.com or amazon? I have a feeling these will be very popular, so want to make sure i get one :)

As for release dates, i think only the beta testers can truly know. Judging by the recent interviews, i have to say I get the impression the game is far closer to release than i originally thought.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I gave the local GAME store a ring earlier and they said i could pre order the collectors edition from their store.

What i don't understand however is if it does give you access to an open beta, or an early start, how do you play it if you only get the game on release day? :)

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Here's a thought. Say they want to expand the game, add new content, zones, creatures etc... having a seperate BETA running for certain players with access to test it all out does make sence.

Although yeah, its a pretty weak argument I admit.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Seeing there's apparently miniature coming with it i'm totally going down if it's already painted :( painting them is part of the fun!

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Seeing there's apparently miniature coming with it i'm totally going down if it's already painted :( painting them is part of the fun!

Your be too busy playing to have time to paint the model, I thinking/hoping it wont be painted as its a gamesworkshop thing. And it will be done the gamesworkshop way :D

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Couple of thousand minatures done by the Eavy Metal team...
Yeah, somehow, I can't see it.

Would be cool, but unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom