COH : Opposing Fronts

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
beta is due to go public some time today, its still multiplayer only - need another person, or 2 PCs.

if you like the original, its a massive improvement, adds British (defensive, artillery based) and Panzer Elite, (mobile, halftracks, etc), changing weather, new maps, etc. all in all, rather shiny.

still a bit buggy, and occasionally laggy, but defo worth a look if its your sort of thing

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I bought the game yesterday, Ive had no bugs or crashes or anything.

It really adds a new dimension to the game, new maps and new armies. I reckon an experienced player will clean up playing as one of the old armies at the moment, because a lot of people (including me) dont really know what to do. All the same, lots of fun has been had so far. I played the old game 3 or 4 times a week for the last year, and expect Ill do the same for another year now.

The voices are still as good, particularly the British "hurry up you fucking wanker" lol. :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Hated the original tbh. Don't think I'll bother.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Singleplayer is loaded with bugs sadly, best wait for a couple of patches.

Mabs

Singleplayer is loaded with bugs sadly, best wait for a couple of patches.

really, where ? :eek:
(finished market garden, half way thru caen)

and its worth buying purely for the ace british voices :england:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
really, where ? :eek:
(finished market garden, half way thru caen)

and its worth buying purely for the ace british voices :england:

The Carpiquet airfield, the last part of the mission is to clear the hangers but no matter what you do the game never triggers once the hangers are done. Totally pissed me off, 4 attempts and it is bugged everytime, other people on the Relic forums suffering with it as well.

Mabs

The Carpiquet airfield, the last part of the mission is to clear the hangers but no matter what you do the game never triggers once the hangers are done. Totally pissed me off, 4 attempts and it is bugged everytime, other people on the Relic forums suffering with it as well.

er, i didnt have any problems with it at all , did it first time.

got the "stop the aircraft taking off" one while doing, and only cleared the far left hangar when i rescued the second (top left) squad of Commandos.

did you get both the glider drops done in previous ?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
er, i didnt have any problems with it at all , did it first time.

got the "stop the aircraft taking off" one while doing, and only cleared the far left hangar when i rescued the second (top left) squad of Commandos.

did you get both the glider drops done in previous ?

Yes I got the glider drop for the trearch tanks and the commandos right at the begining. I got nothing about stopping the planes taking off, also no commandos at all needed rescuing. :( I really cba to start the mission again for a 5th time, tis depressing.

Mabs

Yes I got the glider drop for the trearch tanks and the commandos right at the begining. I got nothing about stopping the planes taking off, also no commandos at all needed rescuing. :( I really cba to start the mission again for a 5th time, tis depressing.

not that

on earlier mission on the same map, there is a "medal" for blowing up the , er, fuel tanks and power generators, i think, by dropping Commando gliders on them, the commandos then go neutral and hide in buildings - then on the final assault part, there is a medal to rescue the 2 squads - thinking it might be waiting for that to trigger which if you didnt do the previous bits, never will ?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
not that

on earlier mission on the same map, there is a "medal" for blowing up the , er, fuel tanks and power generators, i think, by dropping Commando gliders on them, the commandos then go neutral and hide in buildings - then on the final assault part, there is a medal to rescue the 2 squads - thinking it might be waiting for that to trigger which if you didnt do the previous bits, never will ?

Yep, for some reason the commando glider option greys out on me so I can't send them in no matter what resources I have. Bloody annoyed with it as I have tried again twice tonight and it is still doing it. Are you running the latest patch?

Mabs

Yep, for some reason the commando glider option greys out on me so I can't send them in no matter what resources I have. Bloody annoyed with it as I have tried again twice tonight and it is still doing it. Are you running the latest patch?

yup patched up

very odd tbh :(

Mabs

i can send you my save files if you want Cho, will at least allow you to skip past it , let me know

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
i can send you my save files if you want Cho, will at least allow you to skip past it , let me know

Had to use a hack to get past it in the end, it is a known bug and Relic are looking at it. For some reason it is only happening at random, well random as in random machines.

Anyway, completed the game this afternoon but thanks for the offer bud :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom