Games Codemasters getting reamed over F1 - 2010 'fake' AI

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Seems like a shit storm is brewing and after playing the game for 9 hours I have to agree that the AI is pretty much non-existent, the AI just blocks the driving at all times and suffers no penalties unlike the player. There are numerous things about it to be honest but the brutal fact is that even on legendary setting there is no AI as such.

F1 2010 Fans Suspect Race Time Tom-Foolery - Voodoo Extreme

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
hehe, an ex co-worker and friend of mine is now working at codemasters in the F1 team. I guess I need to have a chat with him. :D

leviathane

Part of the furniture
kinda of one of the reasons im holding out on this. It looks awesome but the grumblings about ai makes me ponder.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
kinda of one of the reasons im holding out on this. It looks awesome but the grumblings about ai makes me ponder.

The AI is a shocker mate, it can't simulate a proper race so they script the races somewhat and only have AI on when they are in visable range. Even when they are they don't follow race rules and their pace around a lap bears no resemblance to the times they actually post. The game is a sham.

Geoff Crammond managed way way more simulation on an Amiga 500 a couple of decades ago, he simulated a full 24 field race to perfection on a cpu running at 16mhz.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Rail AI with only visibility? Thought that was somewhere in the early 2000s that devs still did that :D

Hell...we did that! Until we switched to something better.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Codemasters , christ i remember buying their games back in the 80s for my speccy and c64

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Codemasters , christ i remember buying their games back in the 80s for my speccy and c64

That is the level of AI in the game, 1980's. Hell the F1 Continental Circus arcade from 1987 is a more realistic simulation. :D

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
i'm having a load of fun tbh
with the ms wheel its a blast to play
loads of bugs as mentioned worst is going from first to last in the pit stops
career mode should have been so much better
bugs with lap times and the game needed a later release

Influenza

Part of the furniture
That is the level of AI in the game, 1980's. Hell the F1 Continental Circus arcade from 1987 is a more realistic simulation. :D

lol , thats pretty bad then no wonder people are kicking off.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Geoff Crammond managed way way more simulation on an Amiga 500 a couple of decades ago, he simulated a full 24 field race to perfection on a cpu running at 16mhz.

That was new school, he did it with Revs on the BBC model B in 32k of ram. That guy was king.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I played that to death. Awesome :)

Didn't Geoff Crammond do Carrier Command too? (Maybe?) And Sentinel?

Oh, and Codemaster's have been a dirty sweatshop since the 1980's.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
4 words:

Castlevania Lord of Shadows

/thread

From what I've heard of the demo that was exclusive to PSN+, it plays a bit like a poor God of War clone :< Story and stuff seems pretty epic though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am dabbling in LOTR online at the moment and enjoying it as a casual couple of hours here and there MMO. Though I think that's just distributed by Codemasters. Can't think of anything else carrying their name that has been any good for years.

Calo

Part of the furniture
I quite like their colin mcrae dirt on pc. On hard its actually not that easy cause if you crash its game over and some of those tracks... Tho i hate the f1 right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom