Cocking Freeview!

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Came home tonight from work, re-tuned my freeview TV and lost a load of channels so that some doughnut in the outer hebredies can watch channel twatting 5.

Anyone else experiencing problems?

Kryten

Old Cow.
serves you right for having cheapo freeview boxen :D

Im actually dead fuckign annoyed for a different reason.

Had a Sagem PVR box ages ago I got for nothing, upgraded the HDD in it and because they stopped doing OADs it never got upgraded and was therefore dead.

And because of this, they're now doing the OAD for it >:| Long thrown it away!

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
I understood everything you said up to PVR then you lost me!

I know I know but im moving house as soon as I can find a decent flat so I dont want to shell out for Sky. I read that there would be 440k people effected and as soon as I read it I knew 1 of them would be me.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Oh do fuck off with your Freeview is shit lark, I am well aware of the fact its crap. I lived in the north east for years and had freeview up there, never a problem all channels and the world was great.

Moved down to Dorset 2 years ago and it took untill May before I could even get it down here and now I can I'm losing channels so some other fuckers who can probably watch things like Film 4 or Dave (Top gear ftw) can watch channel 5.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Try freesat mate, or get a proper external aerial, works wonders fro freeview.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Oh do fuck off with your Freeview is shit lark, I am well aware of the fact its crap. I lived in the north east for years and had freeview up there, never a problem all channels and the world was great.

Moved down to Dorset 2 years ago and it took untill May before I could even get it down here and now I can I'm losing channels so some other fuckers who can probably watch things like Film 4 or Dave (Top gear ftw) can watch channel 5.
Don't get me wrong, I tried Freeview a few years ago and the picture was unwatchable with "No signal" being my usual programme. That's why I went with Sky, so that I would get a decent picture.
My suggestion would be for everyone to get Freesat because it's less influenced by the weather and conditions than Freeview.
And you can hook up a Sky+ box for a PVR, even on Freesat.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Aph3x just come live with me and I can show you re-runs from Knight Rider all day :)

Kryten

Old Cow.
Sky isn't free.
Freesat lacks Dave
Therefore, by contextual definition, Freeview > *

;)

Kryten

Old Cow.
Indeed, and Dave is worth more on it's own IMO than any other channels put together :)

And no, sky without a card/with an expired card is just freesat which is indeed missing several decent chans. It also is full of a hell of a lot of really really shit channels like Zone :D

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Indeed, and Dave is worth more on it's own IMO than any other channels put together :)

And no, sky without a card/with an expired card is just freesat which is indeed missing several decent chans. It also is full of a hell of a lot of really really shit channels like Zone :D

Zone romantica is grea!

cheaters is a funny as fuck tv show, like Big Brother mixed with Jerry Springer

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
got BT Vision, wont retune at all, but still work likr it did b4?

Haven't lost anything, and i already had channel 5, not that i watched it, cos its a pile of poo

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I dunno, I have Bt vision but I dont use it as I have to keep the box on 24/7 for it to keep all the channels/upgrades :/

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I think it depends of the freeview box. I have a normal freeview box and I havent noticed any changes I get all the same programms still. But my parents that have a new recordable freeview box lost Sky sports news and some other low signal ones they never got. Im only 2 floors above but get all channels perfectly fine hehe :) and I wouldnt even use freeview if it didnt have sky sports news :p

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
There is:

Freeview (sketchy coverage until digital switchover, pay for box + potentially an aerial)
Freesat (have to pay for satellite dish installation + box)
Freesat from Sky (missing channels, have to pay for satellite dish installation + box + £20 for card iirc)

I don't think Freesat (the BBC one) is missing channels, although I'm not totally sure and cba to check.

This retune has meant that I get Film4, Virgin1 and Five with no problems now, which makes me happy.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
There is:

Freeview (sketchy coverage until digital switchover, pay for box + potentially an aerial)
Freesat (have to pay for satellite dish installation + box)
Freesat from Sky (missing channels, have to pay for satellite dish installation + box + £20 for card iirc)

I don't think Freesat (the BBC one) is missing channels, although I'm not totally sure and cba to check.

This retune has meant that I get Film4, Virgin1 and Five with no problems now, which makes me happy.

The two main content differences between Freesat* and Freeview is that Freeview has some UKTV channels e.g. Dave, Yesterday, which Freesat doesn't have, and Freesat has BBC and ITV HD content, which Freeview doesn't have (yet).

*There are two Freesats; "proper" Freesat, with its own EPG and Freesat from Sky, which you can use with an existing Sky box (the main difference being Freesat from Sky doesn't have the ITV HD content). Neither Freesat has UKTV content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom