Co5 Frustration - gimme it!!

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
May have been posted already, but can't be bothered to look,

I finished Co5 with a grp tonight in Hib/Exc, was good fun, enjoyed the experience. Apart from the end, I had to side-jump through a gate (which to me seems shitty game mechanics) and so it took me about 30 secs to do so.

I get through and the bard in our grp is already saying 'say now if you don't want to go back to camelot' - that confused me, thought that was the game ffs.

I didn't have a chance to speak to the Keeper Garran (or whatever his name is) and use my Pentagram Necklace. Seems I can't now finish the quest without going through the whole affair again because I can't get back into the DF instance as it refers me to my journal which says I need to speak to the keeper (silly vicous circle imo). The bard who did it says 'it's easy' but I somehow doubt it - no names mentioned but epeen with the ML10 ability without even the group fully there isn't neccessary. Tried a relog.

Any ideas people?

Cheers for any help in advance peeps :)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
shouldnt you just have to use the neck and do the boss mob again? not the whole thing, just the boss mob (bres) and talk to the keeper after? mind u u have to bring along the little imp dude, me on ment and a m8 on enchanter killed bres without the imp dude with us, and u get no credit for it :| much to our annoyance after how long it took us to kill him.. ;)

Merino

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, a bit confused by your question and Elitestoner's answer, so let's assume you did Co5 (the five mobs in the Cave of Cruachan, with weird names like Grimeil, Uamhas, Teughmail or something like it). After you killed the fifth (usually Teughmail) you have to speak to the Keeper Garran, who is just at the entrance of the cave of cruachan, to the left when you port in. He'll tell you to go and kill the Boss which is Crom Cruiach.
Cave of Cruachan is no instance however, so you should be able to port in without problem. It's not the instance where Bres is, it's the zone near the Azure Idolators near Ligen.
If I got that right, Co5 is just one step of the chapter 3, the chapter will be finished once you did Crom Cruiach. Due to the fact that people assume one gets good Clxp by repeating the Co5 step, most raids finish before the Crom Cruiach step. If that was the case with your raid, then there is no problem, go to Cave of Cruachan again and speak with the keeper. Then look for a Crom raid and finish that. Crom himself is in an instance which is located near Legion I think.
Good luck!

Merino/Yeyi

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Chapter 3 has two parts:

a) Kill the circle of 5 (five named mobs in a...urm...circle)
b) Kill main boss (instanced)

In between a) and b) you need to talk to the NPC at the start of the dungeon.

I believe you have finished a), then you did b) without talking to the NPC? In this case, port into the dungeon, talk to the NPC and do b) with a group.

A lot of groups just do a), so should be lots of people wanting b).

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Ah yes, I was being stupid by thinking it was the bres ent I needed, ofc it isn't as it was Co5 step a) as eggy said, it's on the hillside.

That's what waaaaaaay too many beers does for you late at night, quite impressed with my typing for that time of night :drink:

Cheers for the input, will sort it when I get home :)

pip

Banned
Wonder if you could clear co5 quest and do again and get all that lovely clxp?

Jjuraa

Banned
pip said:

:eek2: my god why did none of us think of that?!? :worthy: pip

limpit

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
you could, bug it got hotfixed a couple of days ago so you can't no more...

or you could do what i did and solo in RvR for while until you get the almighty CL5 ding :) (and a few RR levels at the same time ^^)

Ayana

Fledgling Freddie
kiliarien said:
no names mentioned but epeen with the ML10 ability
Thank you for the kind mention.

I did say twice in the group chat I was porting to Camelot (meant TNN obviously, been on classic a lot lately and it was late), and you had plenty of time to disband if you didn't want to port. Then proceeding to insta-blame me for your quest being "bugged" when it in fact wasn't, and coming here posting above.. nice job mate.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Ayana said:

I did say twice in the group chat I was porting to Camelot (meant TNN obviously, been on classic a lot lately and it was late), and you had plenty of time to disband if you didn't want to port. Then proceeding to insta-blame me for your quest being "bugged" when it in fact wasn't, and coming here posting above.. nice job mate.

Or, you could of said "Sod the group" and just port yourself :p

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Ayana said:

oh noes.... really hard to find the gateway spell that ports you only ? pfff

Ayana

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
oh noes.... really hard to find the gateway spell that ports you only ? pfff
The other members of the group wanted to go to TNN as well, and the few who didn't - except the poster apparently - managed to disband in the about 5 minutes between I said I was going to port until I actually did.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I was still frantically trying to side jump through the gate with 3 reds on me, I had absolutely no time to type. I do apologise for the e-peen comment though, it was my silly frustration at the time and it unlike me to be rude to people. Please forgive me for that.

But:

It was in no way 5 minutes.

I never mentioned that is was bugged, I just asked for help.

I never mentioned your name to avoid flaming.

Apart from my above discretion about e-peen, I fail to see how I have mortally offended. I was going to disb when I got safe, but I zoned in and was ported before I had the chance, not your fault - just timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom