Games Co-op lan games?

Lethul

FH is my second home
Maybe the wrong forum but i'll try here anyway :)

Me and my brother are having a lot of fun playing RA3 in LAN. So now we wanna test other games aswell. Anyone have any suggestion of good/great co-op games? For low spec PC :p

Zede

Part of the furniture
Ive got 4 PCs hooked up - and me and my m8s play co-op all the time on :

Battlefield Vietnam
Battlefield 2 & BF Special Forces - BOMSF mod ( which is fantastic)
Serious Sam 2

thats co-op as in playing against computer controlled bots.

picked em all up off ebay from £5 to £10

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Zede you feel like Battlefield vietnam was the only battlefield where choppers were actually any kind of useful?

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Yes COH is great fun for player vs CPU skirmishes. Its even better as player vs player =)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Reasonable specced pc:
Call of Duty: World at war (FPS)
Left 4 Dead (FPS)
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (FPS)
Gears of War (FPS)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (FPS)
ARMA (FPS)
Guild Wars (MMO)

Not so good pc:
Serious Sam 2 (FPS)
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory(FPS)
Various HL mods (Sven co-op, Synergy, Follow Freeman) (FPS)
Doom 3 (coop mod) (FPS)
Various UT2004 mods (KillingFloor, Alien Swarm) (FPS)
SWAT 4 is ok (FPS)
No-One Lives Forever 2 (FPS)
Diablo 2 (RPG)
Blazing Angels 2 (shitty single player)
System Shock 2 (FPS)
The Heroes of Might & Magic (bit of a marmite game)
Rainbow Six: Raven Shield (FPS)
Never Winter Nights 2 (RPG)
Hellgate: London (RPG, Marmite game)
Titan Quest (RPG, again hit and miss)

There is a avp/avp2 mod but its awful to be very honest

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Just thought I'd add, doom3 co-op mod is absolutely awesome fun...until you complete it and then it's just more of the same. Really is fantastic though to run through with 2+ people :) Apart from the odd boss which will quite literally insta gibb you as soon as he touches you that is because of scaling damage.

edit: Just in case anyone reading this hasn't heard of hamachi, it's a fantastic virtual private network program which is easy to set up and allows you to play 'lan' games with people across the internet as well. Fantastic piece of software. If anyone needs a hand setting it up, give me a shout... or alternatively, if you get doom3 co-op mod, would love to try that 4 player :)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Is COH co-op friendly?

i thought you said low spec? but if you can run COH you can certainly run splinter cell pandora tomorrow i think it was (or maybe chaos theory) it has a really great co-op campaign

Lethul

FH is my second home
i thought you said low spec? but if you can run COH you can certainly run splinter cell pandora tomorrow i think it was (or maybe chaos theory) it has a really great co-op campaign

p4 2.8ghz, ATI Radeon x1650 XT, 2 gig ram. If thats any help :) But i think i managed to play COH a year or so ago :p

Zede

Part of the furniture
Zede you feel like Battlefield vietnam was the only battlefield where choppers were actually any kind of useful?

choppers in BFV had the best handling, but the 50 cals on the side couldnt hit a barn door !

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Me and a few mates used to play a lot of strategybased games, like Supreme Commander and C&C Tiberium. Hella fun

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I hear DAoC is fun to play with someone on a LAN.

I'm a big fan of LAN RTS games:

World in Conflict
Dawn of War
Company of heroes
Supreme commander
Total War games

All can be played co-op vs the AI or against each other :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Bet Total War series would be really interesting with 2+ people on lan.

Zede

Part of the furniture
o_O bf2 they reign supreme if you get a good copilot

Some guy got banned by EA because his Pilot score was to good, he was way way ahead of anyone in kills etc.. every game. Annoyed at this, the guy posted a vid on youtube showing exactly what a ninja pilot he was, EA - pwnd.

He was in a plane though !

Lethul

FH is my second home
Me and a few mates used to play a lot of strategybased games, like Supreme Commander and C&C Tiberium. Hella fun

Thats the kinda games we mostly play too :)

And me and my best mate (lived next door when i was younger) used to have mini lans during weekends when we were young. Always SC/RA/RA2/C&C. Those were the days :)

Zede

Part of the furniture
We mainly play Battlefield 2 : Special Forces - Black Ops Mercs Mod. Loads of maps & every single weapon & vehicle tweaked.

On normal BF2 ( cannot do on Black ops mod cause the AI is a lot better)Set the odds on just you and your mates against 32 bots - its great fun. We often hold this TV station on one map and just try and hold out against wave after wave of gooks ( called em that ever since BF:V :ninja:). A frag fest indeed.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Bet Total War series would be really interesting with 2+ people on lan.

unfortunately the lack of multiplayer campaign (hotseat doesnt count) mode takes away from it a bit.
But there are some nice co-op campaigns out there

Helme

Resident Freddy
Baldur's Gate 2, or 1, or Icewind Dale 1/2!

There's some resolution mod floating around aswell that lets you play it at glorious widescreen resolutions.

Other games, if you like the whole total war campaign map thing, but don't particulary enjoy the battles like me. You got the Paradox games: Hearts of Iron, Victoria, Europe Universalis, & Crusader Kings.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Baldur's Gate 2, or 1, or Icewind Dale 1/2!

BG2 Co-op gets a big thumbs up from me too, played it through 3 player a few years ago and apart from the guy playing the main character going a suicidal mage and dying every 5 minutes (thus ending the game) it was great fun :)

Civilization 4 if you have plenty of time on your hands is good. Sins of a Solar empire too.

Freespace 2 and Starlancer are both excellent space flight sims that can be played Co-Op. You'd need joysticks though. (FS2 is prolly in my top 5 all time fav games)

Rogue spear adversarial sniper rifle only games with the following sound settings:

Speech 1
Ambience 1
Music 1
Footsteps 1
Gunshots MAX

Then adjust speakers so the game sounds normal... until someone fires :)

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
Age of Empires 2 and Starcraft are both LAN classics, Diabilo II's already been mentioned, and ofc Warcraft 3 is good fun as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom