C'mon Tim

H

Hargh

from 5-1 down to 3 set points, it's now 7-6 in tie break!

W

Whoodoo_RD

Tennis is for p00fs

gif back BBC1 and let the p00fs watch it on BBC2 eh

S

SilverHood

no, we want simpsons at 6 on bbc2... not watching the worlds greatest looser get beaten

J

Jonaldo

Wimbledon is on for 2 weeks a year, episodes of The Simpsons that although ar funny, we've seen all of them at least 3 times ar on for the other 50 weeks so I'm glad tennis is on.

Plus I'm a bit of a sports fan.

He lost the first set :( it's pretty even in the second.

I don't understand how someone who has been around the top 10 in the world and was once ranked 4th is "the worlds biggest loser" (and yes it's spelt 'loser', 'loose' is something that is a bit baggy)

F

Flimgoblin

hooray for cable, I still get me simpsons :)

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Wimbledon is on for 2 weeks a year, episodes of The Simpsons that although ar funny, we've seen all of them at least 3 times ar on for the other 50 weeks so I'm glad tennis is on.

Plus I'm a bit of a sports fan.

He lost the first set :( it's pretty even in the second.

I don't understand how someone who has been around the top 10 in the world and was once ranked 4th is "the worlds biggest loser" (and yes it's spelt 'loser', 'loose' is something that is a bit baggy)

what did Henman ever win? Not any grand slams... number 4 in the world is no good if you can't win

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
hooray for cable, I still get me simpsons :)

woohoo! now you can be like "oh yeah I remember this one, I've seen it only 4 times, unlike the one last week that I have seen at least 16 times" :rolleyes:

Tim Henman just won the 2nd set, it's a good match. And next week I'll be able to watch Simpsons again, which, by the way, I do quite enjoy, I just think it's a shame tennis isn't on more often.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by SilverHood
what did Henman ever win? Not any grand slams... number 4 in the world is no good if you can't win

You don't get to #4 in the world by losing lots.

He's won quite a lot of tournaments, there's only 4 Grand Slam events a year so it's pretty difficult to win them.

How many have you won? the same amount I would guess which would make everyone reading this post an equal loser as him. With the exception that he's made 10million+ from *winnings* from his career while we all dream of that.

Think you were being a bit harsh as maybe.. just maybe all the other Brits that can't even make it past the first round and need wildcards to even enter the tournament are maybe bigger losers than he?

O

old.tRoG

It would be much better if the bbc could somehow erase the voices of those asshats squealing "Come on Timothy!" after every point.

Besides, women's tennis is better to watch :)

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by old.tRoG

Besides, women's tennis is better to watch :)

Shame the quality of womens tennis is rubbish :D

I had to laugh when Sue Barker read an e-mail to Pat Cash & John MacEnroe from a viewer asking what position they thought maybe the Williams sisters or the other top ranked women players would be in the world if they merged men & women.

Can't remember the exact numbers but I think John MacEnroe said about 90th, Pat Cash was more generous offering the #1 female about 75th or something :clap:

V

Validus

Tennis is fer hamsters!

fp-20.jpg

S

SilverHood

You don't get to #4 in the world by losing lots.

He's won quite a lot of tournaments, there's only 4 Grand Slam events a year so it's pretty difficult to win them.

How many have you won? the same amount I would guess which would make everyone reading this post an equal loser as him. With the exception that he's made 10million+ from *winnings* from his career while we all dream of that.

Think you were being a bit harsh as maybe.. just maybe all the other Brits that can't even make it past the first round and need wildcards to even enter the tournament are maybe bigger losers than he?

for someone who hasn't won a grand slam, he's the worlds best paid loser (spelt right, see?)

:D

(oki, maybe that russian one who's name is Anna something-begging-with-K-but-I-cant-spell-it , is)

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by SilverHood
for someone who hasn't won a grand slam, he's the worlds best paid loser (spelt right, see?)

David Beckham has never won the world cup.
God knows how many actors and musicians have never won awards for the stuff they done.

touché

H

Hargh

aye seen almost all simpsons and it's only 2 weeks a year. shame about the rain but maybe ican watch it at home later!

O

old.Dillinja

I want Philippoussis to win. Can't stand Henman tbh, and I don't want a yank to win it like usual, and I don't mind aussies.

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by sharma
The amount of Grunting they make is funny :p

I'm convinced the Williams sisters do it as a distraction tactic. You can see their opponents visibly jump at the EUNGUARGCHHH! sometimes.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

That just shows he is an above average loser from a country full of loser tennis players. ;)

Personally, I think he has a huge advantage over ALL the other players with his pathetic, retarded 'Henmaniacs' who cheer him on at every opportunity even when his opponent makes the mistake himself. I totally fucking hate those bastards...and him!

E

Ekydus

The UK suck at sports. The only thing we ARE good at is inventing the damn things. Ironic how we invent the sport but don't know how to play it. :p

J

Jonaldo

We should invent a sport where in the rules it states if you aren't British you have to play with one leg and one arm tied behind your back.

We must win at that one :eek7:

H

Hargh

Originally posted by Ekydus
The UK suck at sports. The only thing we ARE good at is inventing the damn things. Ironic how we invent the sport but don't know how to play it. :p

**cough** Rugby Union **cough**

J

Jonaldo

I'm blaming all you non-supporters for him getting knocked out.
I'll be round to knock all of you out soon! :eek: (says the 5'4" computer geek)

O

old.m0000

went to a pub called the Henman arms yesturday, soon to be renamed methinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom