Clustering with the french and german servers.........

Nosufer

Fledgling Freddie
If the population continue's to drop on the 'Englsh' speaking cluster will GoA be looking at clustering us with the lower population French and German clusters?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Nosufer said:
If the population continue's to drop on the 'Englsh' speaking cluster will GoA be looking at clustering us with the lower population French and German clusters?
SacreBleu! That's quite likely not technically possible

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I guess they´d rather shut down the server for good, dismissing the money instead of loading themselves with the ammount of whines and "Scheisse" "Yóue súckque" "FO!" conversations. :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I truely hope not - apparently the french 2fg+ on stick mini zergs on Glastonbury are typical of the French servers. That would completely ruin the RvR on cluster.

Mey

Part of the furniture
2fg+ o.0.. how do those kids have fun..

Keitan

Banned
imo if pop falls aload thn give /char copy from camlann to glaston vise versa and excal to glaston and pryd to glaston VISE VERSA !

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
1 realm for each language :p. Then we could really HATE the opesit realms

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Err no thx, rather run on an empty server than on an even more filled with morons one ^^

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Le cluster avec les Grenouilles...?

Merde! L'horreur! Dites-moi c'est pas vrai!

*wakes up*

phew

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Tears said:
I truely hope not - apparently the french 2fg+ on stick mini zergs on Glastonbury are typical of the French servers. That would completely ruin the RvR on cluster.

sounds like fun tbh ;)

but I don't think cross-language clustering would work very well even if it were technically possible.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
heh try out glaston for a week and u will never come with this kind of suggestion again.

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
they should be english servers because we had the biggest emprire

j/k ofc :kissit:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
As a guildy said on our guild forums

Daoc has grown stale, its an old game. People are just hanging around while they wait for something better

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
As a guildy said on our guild forums

Daoc has grown stale, its an old game. People are just hanging around while they wait for something better

d000000000000m

You hit the nail on the head ... they are waiting for something better cause RvR/PvP wise thre isn't anything better atm.

And on topic ... it's been said before that it's technically impossible to cluster servers of different languages so I don't see it happening. I wish we could have a huge sticky board on this forum so we could prevent the same dumb questions popping up over and over again :(

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Nosufer said:

NEVER!!!

over my dead body!!]

having said that I have stoped playing on Live now.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
sounds like fun tbh ;)

but I don't think cross-language clustering would work very well even if it were technically possible.

And that's where your horribly wrong...

The 2fg+ zergs on cluster that your used to playing with tend to be made up of casual players normally not in the best gear or opted setups which is why it works..

Try taking the 4 highest RR hib groups on cluster. Sticking them to each other and have them wandering about the frontier killing everything in sight.
The kind of zerg groups you tend to run with would be killed without bringing one of them down.. 8 RR8 banshees aoe nuking you really does get old fast.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Why never?

I rather play with the fr/ger/etc guys, than have exc/pry shut down and not able to play at all(with my existing chars ofc).

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
Story about it being techincally possible, is BS.. moving characeter from one database to another shouldent be hard, and if theres is some techincal differences, they could be ironed out.. Mythic probably will never do it tho since US servers are all english..

Could be fun being clustered with avalon tho imo :)

Septina

Part of the furniture
Dallas said:
Story about it being techincally possible, is BS.. moving characeter from one database to another shouldent be hard, and if theres is some techincal differences, they could be ironed out.. Mythic probably will never do it tho since US servers are all english..

I'd quit if that happened tbh xD The Pegsl Zerg™ is beyond retarded.
The guy actually gathers 60 or so people, gets em all on vent and goes out hunting ^^

The non adding doesnt even exsist and the players refuse to adapt if needed, they just zerg down what they cant beat. :p

Ofcourse, things might have changed since i last played there but thats how it was back then. :)

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Dallas said:

So glad we have an expert here.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
OK so people whine about zergs, But they whine about not being populated enough to zerg.

so what kind of numbers do people wnat in rvr, do you want your

1fg vs 1fg glory fights

your

1vs1 stealther fights where everyone watches and cheers on the winner

your

zerg vs zerg where the winner is the one with the most area effect.

your

guild vs guild

i mean these kinds of posts come across as people who just want the enemy to form a big line and walk into their assist train until they are rr13.

It doesnt happen

ON glast we do get a few 1fg vs 1fg fights but when the hibs get bored of this they will run out with their 2fgs of rr8 made up of normally 4 shees 4 magician classes + tanks + support.

You cant nuke down a single target because they are cross healing you cant mezz them because if you do they all fire purge + the tanks run over you. if you do win the mezz and they dont have purge up then their second group runs over the hill demezzes the first and your dead again.

SO what your saying is you want to cluster everything have one big rvr but no zergs. WHich wont happen because people go to the same places. OR howabout that prime time relic raid which you cant stop because the enemy have more people online that you can attack 5 keeps at the same time while you have trouble with just 1.

You could always ask goa to character copy your account to a french server weather or not if they would is another question.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
I'd quit if that happened tbh xD

Septina, I don't see any need to quit. Why quit if goa shut down the server because of low pop(can't quit what you ain't on/in)?

It's like saying "if macdonalds shut down i'm sure as hell not gonna try to go eat there", doh ;)

If THAT would happen i would really like to have my chars copied over to a populated server, or merge to get a larger cluster(if possible), would never create new chars on other servers though.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
ON glast we do get a few 1fg vs 1fg fights but when the hibs get bored of this they will run out with their 2fgs of rr8 made up of normally 4 shees 4 magician classes + tanks + support.

Actually they don't seem to wait to get bored.. That's the way they run out of the portal keep the second they log in.

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
if it got to a stage with very low population i reckon Goa/mythic should allow char copy over to US servers so kinda a goa server and mythic server merge ;/

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Keitan said:
imo if pop falls aload thn give /char copy from camlann to glaston vise versa and excal to glaston and pryd to glaston VISE VERSA !

yeah, cos toa servers to classic would work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom